$4 part, increased performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4 part, increased performance

My 55 was first stored 2 winters ago and I sort of overdid the STABIL in the tank. Smoked like crazy until I burnt through it. Used the proper amount last winter and the car started better. I just now replaced the two year old fuel filter for $4 and WOW. Starts instantly, accelerates like crazy, tranny shifts better. Wouldn't have realized it was fuel starved until I see what it goes like when it can get thefuel flow. Best $4 I spent on it
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Now what you need is one a them "propellers" you mount under the carburator base! :O
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

i am very interested in how a new fuel filter makes the transmission shift better for i have a transmission problem

Comment

I bought a barn fresh 42 Champion coupe a few years ago that had one of those propellers under the carb. It didn't take long to get it to run after that was gone. Even had the paper work in the glove box. J.C. Waitawhile.
        Klif
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Hey Dave....since the car is running like a 'scalded dog' why not run it down to the "Studebaker Made in Canada" event in Belleville.

Visit: http://www.ontariosdc.ca/

for details.

See you there...
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I might be able to do that, Cap'n Billy! Speycaster, the shift from 2nd to 3rd used to take a lot longer, because it took a lot longer to get the revs up to the shift point. I know these trannies will do at least 55 in 2nd, but I had the pedal to the floor most times and that made it even slower to hit 3rd. I can hit 3rd and then kick it back down, now, if I need to.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
            X