V8 oil pans,I need to know ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 oil pans,I need to know ?

Are good used pans hard to come by ?ones that may need minor dent repairs,but are not dented heavy or are not rusted beyond use.have some but wonder if I should let them go with junk engines ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

MY vote is that you save them, Joe!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The 1958 to 1964 V-8 Oil Pans are really not that plentyful, they are 5 Qt. and have the small drain plug that takes a 9/16" wrench.
      Some actually have Blueing coating inside and out under the gunk and paint. Definately SAVE them.

There will never be any more than there are now, and they don't make those any more!

The scrap value of those can't be very much anyway, just the neusance of having to store them I guess.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        The 1958 to 1964 V-8 Oil Pans are really not that plentyful, they are 5 Qt. and have the small drain plug that takes a 9/16" wrench.
        Some actually have Blueing coating inside and out under the gunk and paint. Definately SAVE them.

There will never be any more than there are now, and they don't make those any more!

The scrap value of those can't be very much anyway, just the neusance of having to store them I guess.
        I do hang on to good ones and even some not so good.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Yes; I'd hope you'd keep them, too. As was said, scrap value isn't much and it's not something likely to ever be reproduced. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

One thing I learned early on, pursuant to my entry into the Studebaker hobby: never throw anything away, unless it is completely unrecognizable compared to its original form. You, or someone else will want it later.
            Clark in San Diego
            '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
            http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

When aquiring my latest pickup project... parts included a big 6 engine with the pan almost COMPLETELY rusted away....(all of the bolts and the lip is what is left) I built a stand for the engine and will look at it after the truck is done; in the meantime I keep tripping over it.

Comment

Working...
              X