Studebaker Ace trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Ace trucks

I never heard of Studebaker Ace trucks, but here's one (1935). I searched the forum and apparently it's never come up before. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgeOFTIOHSQ
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885...ures+and+video
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

hhmmmm , Would be interesting to get one of them hand cranks installed / working on a new car or truck . . yeah .

Comment

Very Nice truck

We know so few about Studebaker trucks. What a pity.
      I had never heard about the Studebaker ACE and never seen in the several books I have.

Nice finding. New knowledge. Thanks

Comment

I scanned the 1936 brochure of the Ace, Boss, Mogul, and the Metro here:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=mogul

Craig

Comment

Here's the '38 ACE in the SNM.

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Brief mention in chapter 3 here:
            http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...uckHistory.asp
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	'36 TRUCK ON MONTGOMERY AT BURWELL.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1672252Click image for larger version

Name:	PW0954.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1672251 So would these have "Aces" too?

Comment

What a great video. Makes you wish you were there.
                Too much Fun!
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Man, he had that engine in fine shape! It only took a half-turn of the crank to get it fired. Nice stuff!!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by fatboylust View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14463[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14462[/ATTACH] So would these have "Aces" too?
                    As near as I was able to determine, the Ace, Mogul, Chief, etc names were added mostly as a 1935-model marketing ploy, and there were no significant changes in the trucks themselves associated with the adoption of the model names. So the only way to determine if a particular truck is an Ace or not is to look at the winged emblems on the truck or check the serial number against the list in the parts book. If someone has more info on these trucks, I'd be pleased to update the truck history.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks to all for the good infomation on the Ace name and models.

The paragraph written by Skip clarifies the "non clear" issue

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                        As near as I was able to determine, the Ace, Mogul, Chief, etc names were added mostly as a 1935-model marketing ploy, and there were no significant changes in the trucks themselves associated with the adoption of the model names. So the only way to determine if a particular truck is an Ace or not is to look at the winged emblems on the truck or check the serial number against the list in the parts book. If someone has more info on these trucks, I'd be pleased to update the truck history.
                        I googled Studebaker Ace yesterday and browsed a couple of sites. If memory serves, the Ace is what the 1-1/2 ton was called and as the capacity went up the names changed.

Edit: Yeah, I looked it up. The name is based on the payload capacity and the trucks are the 2T2 Ace (1-1/2 T), 2W6 Boss (2T), 2W7 Mogul (2-1/2T), and 2W8 Chief (3 Ton)
                        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird
                        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I keep waiting for Bob Palma or Dick Quinn to chime in and tell us what issue of Turning Wheels this was all covered in.
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Ace contact

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                            Ken Voigt out of Armour SD restored an Ace tow truck. He is listed in the Stude directory, he has a good background on Stude trucks.

Comment

A great looking truck! I noticed that the video was posted in Dec. 09, does anyone have any idea how the restoration on this fine machine is going? It seems as though the blog that was set up has been ignored for a while. I'd say that Scott has made a good video find, now maybe someone may know a bit more on the "Ace" progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X