X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL TURNING WHEELS has arrived!!!!

...any comments???

Yes, why the announcement? I get one every month

Usually the only reason a TW thread is started is to set off a gripefest. Never saw the point in it.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Just started reading my March issue!
      Time is moving along far to fast!
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Matt's column is great! Imagine a kid bringing home a car that looks like that,and doesn't get any flack from his parents!
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Another excellent issue of 'Turning Wheels'....Love the detail in the 1936 Final Assembly Line photo!

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
            Matt's column is great! Imagine a kid bringing home a car that looks like that,and doesn't get any flack from his parents!
            As I was reading it I wondered if such articles might "inspire" other young'uns to latch onto a "parts car," strip it, selling what they can for what they can and invest that money into something better, maybe an entry level driver or some such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
              Well, I don't live with my parents. But even still, that poor old car didn't come anywhere close to my house. The home owners assoc. (and the landlord) would've kicked me to the curb.

Comment

Before anyone else points it out, there is an error in The April 2012 Co-Operator that will be addressed in the May Co-Operator.

To Wit: Later model SL Ross steering gears, as used in the Avanti and most (if not all) non-Larks after 1961, do not require the special Kendall C-999 or equivalent semi-fluid grease, as do the Models TA and TL gears used on most cars from 1960 on back.

Rather, Ross SL Steering Gears use SAE 90 GL-1 mineral oil lubricant.

The easiest way to tell the two steering gears apart is to note the number of bolts holding the side cover to the housing.

Older TL/TA Ross steering gears have FOUR bolts holding the cover in place:

Newer SL Ross steering gears have SIX bolts holding the cover in place:

"Larks" from 1961 to the end, except RHC, have the newer, better Saginaw steering gears that don't look anything like Ross units.

As I said, the correction has been noted and will be updated in the May 2012 Turning Wheels Co-Operator. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Glad to see a positive TW thread for once! got mine earlier this week, hoping to look into it this week. I'm sure it'll be good like always.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Sorry Bob, but I got a gripe.

Hey Matthew, what the heck is your problem?! A whole, interesting TAILGATING article including NUMEROUS mentions of some 50 Champion, and NOT A SINGLE PICTURE! What is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      Yes, why the announcement? I get one every month

Usually the only reason a TW thread is started is to set off a gripefest. Never saw the point in it.
                      As the OP of this thread ...Bob Andrews, I would like to thank you for your vital feedback and assure you I will always be respectful of your opinion.

Giving feedback can be a touchy situation, often exacerbated by unreceptive and insensitive recipients. For maximum effectiveness, all feedback should be considered "constructive" instead of "critical." The ultimate goal of "CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK" (key words!) should always be to identify a mistake or undesirable action and to pave the way for a successful solution.

FWIW Dept.: Bob, apparently a group of people thought highly of my ability to be impartial and transcend biases in order to understand views of two or more parties on the same issue. Perhaps that "gift" is why I was sought after in my retirement years to return and take charge of the "Customer Satisfaction Initiative" program for a Division of General Motors.
                      Last edited by Welcome; 03-24-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I don't remember the name of the author of this quote, but it goes something like this, and basically sums up this thread: "A critic is someone who knows how to get there, but can't drive the car!"

Comment

I haven't read Matthew's article yet, but he's right; it wasn't him dragging "cars" home, it was my DAD. .

Comment

Originally posted by matt's mom View Post
                            I haven't read Matthew's article yet, but he's right; it wasn't him dragging "cars" home, it was my DAD. .
                            If you don't keep a close eye on him, he will still drag one home!
                            Neil Thornton

Comment

WOW ! TWs for April has arrived here in the frozen north and its not even the end of March .....this is great and who or what ever has caused this ...thank you very much !
                              Nice issue as well <g>
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                              X