Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLID, straight 62 Daytona 2dr. HT rolling shell plus Skytop roof, 57 Provincial, 62 GT FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLID, straight 62 Daytona 2dr. HT rolling shell plus Skytop roof, 57 Provincial, 62 GT FS

Here's my CO body shell that was to be the basis for my dream Lark project. I'm getting serious about scorched-earth downsizing, so I'm offering it for sale.

My plan was a high-end build, so I started looking around for a really solid, straight shell as my foundation. I can, and have, replaced floor pans, but really wanted one that didn't need that. Even WC cars frequently have floor rust, and sometimes roof rust too. This isn't that car. It's near perfect- even the rust-prone cowl is excellent.

I found this car and went to get it in MI. It's a factory V8 4-speed, bucket seat car. I brought it home and stripped it out and was thrilled with what I found! Look at the floors:

Both sides are like that. Even the other areas of concern, like the inner upper quarters and inside the trunk, are beautiful. It is now as pictured; I gutted it and it has been stored inside since. I have all usable exterior panels, including repairable front fenders, seat and dash cores, and loads of trim and hardware that came off it. Has the pedals, and the console and seat bracket. Has nice dual exhaust with glasspacks.

Price for all that is $1000. IF the car sells, I will then sell the Skytop roof I had planned for it.

I bought an entire Skytop car, completely shot, and went to MI after it just for the roof. If someone buys the above shell, they get right of first refusal on the roof; then it would be available.

NEXT: Still have the '57 Provincial. 259 AT, gas tank boiled and sealed, very solid, nice factory roof rack, rare third seat. All new brake system, needs finishing. Some extras. Asking $2500.

62 GT, 289 4-speed. Hurst shifter. TT rear. Full gauges. Very nice interior, door panels, glass, trim, very good sheet metal. I had it running and drove it. Has rusted frame. Asking $2000.

E-mail me at bams50@msn.com if interested.
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 03-23-2012, 04:44 PM.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

OUCH! Bob, no Skytop in your future?
    I know, shoot for the stars; then accept reality.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      OUCH! Bob, no Skytop in your future?
      I know, shoot for the stars; then accept reality.
      No, working on some much bigger things. I'll go back and do a Skytop later. Or, if nobody wants this, I guess it'll stay with me. Really want to move all this stuff though. I'm willing to listen to offers.......
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I thought the same thing. Surprised to see the Skytop project up for grabs. Does this mean the R2 will be available too?

Comment

Well, as of now I'm intending to keep the r2, but at the rate I'm going who knows??<GG> This isn't a distress sale, I'm just amped up about what I'm planning. I'm trying to whittle down what I'll have to move when I sell my place.

So, you guys grab up these cars. If they go fast, maybe I'll think I'm on a roll and sell the r2
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Matthew observes: "I thought the same thing. Surprised to see the Skytop project up for grabs."

And YOU are surprized about someone changing their plans for a project car? Just noting.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              Matthew observes: "I thought the same thing. Surprised to see the Skytop project up for grabs."

And YOU are surprized about someone changing their plans for a project car? Just noting.
              I change my mind a lot. But Bob had "forever" plans with the Lark.

Comment

Matthew--

Hmm...wasn't somebody suggesting a black GT Hawk for you...?

S.

Comment

The black and white interior in the Hawk looks like its in really nice shape.

Comment

Are you sure you want to sell your 1962 Lark? I grabbed these pics earlier today in Tucson.
                    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Did I see you there ?
                      Mine is the green 53 next to the 58..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                          I change my mind a lot. But Bob had "forever" plans with the Lark.
                          True. And, I still have that 'forever' plan. But I'm going after it a different way, in a different order. Building my lifetime dream first- state of the art shop, showroom, gameroom, and living quarters, all under one roof. I'll be able to get back to doing restoration work, buying and selling classics, and something new- having a facility to teach young people how to actually do work on old cars.

Today's young people have nowhere to learn this stuff; the trade schools will teach you how to work on modern cars, but not points, or carbs, or O/D, or anything else one needs to know to get and keep old cars going. And if they did teach it, not everyone wants to commit to (or can afford) a two-year course. This will not be a place for disinterested punks who are looking for someplace to screw around and kill time, it's for the 'garage rat' types. I was a MAJOR garage rat, and I can't imagine my life had I not had my Dad's business in which to grow up. I built this facility almost 30 years ago- in my head. Now I'm heading toward making it a reality! That's got me really energized.

BTW- since my ecomony-related business struggles, my motto has been 'Excelsior', which means 'ever upward'. It's part of our State crest. Therefore, my new place will be known as Excelsior Garage. (more on that another time).

So no, the dream Lark plan hasn't died, even a little! I'm just going a different route toward it. I'm selling this stuff, then when the new place is ready I'll find another one. Admittedly, it will be really hard to find another one comparable, especially at this price, but if it's meant to be it will happen. And, I'm sure it wll!

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                          The black and white interior in the Hawk looks like its in really nice shape.
                          For the record, that interior is in remarkably good condition! It's a little dirty now, but cleaned up a little it would be very nice driver-quality, just short of show. Here in the NE we get rust, but not the fried interiors the WC get. I always pictured combining this car with a WC shell. That's why I never parted it, as JDP recommended.
                          Last edited by Bob Andrews; 03-25-2012, 05:27 AM.
                          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

@Parts: we talked for a few minutes about your green coupe. I'm that tall guy with strawberry blond hair and a beard.
                            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hey Bob,
                              Good luck making your dream become a reallity. I think a "beater" Scotsman Truck may be needed to haul stuff for the project!!! Ernie is getting desperate, and the price is getting rediculously low!
                              Jim
                              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                              X