1951 Plastic Bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Plastic Bullet

I am still looking for a new plastic Bullet for my 51 Bullet nose.
    Does anyone have one on their shelf???
    And were they all plastic? I have seen some chrome ones in pictures.
    Did they make pot metal or stainless ones?
    Please help me out here.
    Thanks
    Good Rods
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

All from the factory were clear plastic - painted silver on the inside. I had one awhile back, but can't remember if I passed it on with the business coupe I sold to Allen Barth. I looked around after you asked about one earlier, and couldn't find it.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I thought that the vendors had repro's. of these in stock. Are they sold out?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You want new, specifically? Can't help you out with that. If you can manage with a used one, I can loan you the one from my '51, which isn't going anywhere in a big hurry, until you can lay hands on a replacement.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

The 1950 was chromed, and an entirely different piece.
          1951 was only ever plastic.

$75.00

http://www.parts123.com/index/google...KA-293261P.htm
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Brian,
            You can get a clear plastic bullet nose from Studebakerparts.com. The part number is 293261P. The price is $75. Talk to Chuck Collins or his wife Chris at 602-995-5311, they're located in Phoenix, AZ. Paint the inside of the bullet silver.

Charlie Attaway
            Oxford, GA

Comment

Some while back, I bought a rusty old 1950 Champion parts car. The chrome bullet-nose had been removed, but inside the car I found a 1951 bullet-nose . The sheet metal has surface rust, the chrome is pitted, the plastic bullet is weathered, but in fairly good shape. I have it apart and plan to refinish it as a wall hanging with a lamp behind the bullet. If, and when, I get it done, I will post pictures.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.
                I also have 1950 noses. and know the difference. I do have a very usable 51 bullet that I bought on ebay less the plastic piece.
                But. really I have seen pictures of a 51 nose with a chromed centre section????
                Just google 51 Studebaker Bullet nose and select images and you will see it too.
                Thanks for the offer Gord. But I still have time to order a new one before the Vedette Project is finished.
                It is coming right along. I will post pictures as soon as I get the nose finished.
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Someone in our club bought a 51 that had a chrome center bullet. I have yet to see the car. I am curious about it but he bought it that way and doesn't know any more about it. And No, it is nothing like a 50 bullet.
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Cell 971-219-9687 - BRENT HAGEN HAS A MINT CHROME ONE DONT KNOW IF ITS FO SALE THO

Comment

Thanks
                      Just called him and left as message.
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

My son would like to have a used one. It can be weathered or cracked as long as it is complete. He has a propeller he wants to put on his car but doesn't want to drill a hole in his good one. He wouldn't mind painting one for that purpose.
                        Neil Thornton

Comment

There are some used ones on ebay. I have never seen a 51 with a propeller....only 50's.
                          I actually have a 50 with a hole already drilled for a propeller.
                          Good Luck with your search.
                          I will continue mine.
                          Good Roads
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Back in '04 I bought a nice inventory of pristine NOS parts from Beirut of all places that had 8 NOS plastic bullets.
                            Unfortunately, they are all sold now. They did not last long and brought very good money on ebay.
                            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Just seen one on E-bay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/150783476849...84.m1438.l2649

Comment

Working...
                              X