Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude Trade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stude Trade

    The Broadmoor needs a new home. It runs, it drives, it stops, etc etc.. I like the car but I'm not as wagon-crazy as I thought I was, but I had a blast getting it on the road. I've thought about selling and buying a modern car, but the more I look at what's out there, nothing looks as fun as a Stude. I'll keep using the F150 for long trips and suck up the high gas prices.

    If anyone wants a decent, loaded Broadmoor wagon, I'd be interested in trading for another Stude. Pickups, late 30s sedans, or anything else interesting. If someone wants a pretty cool longroof and has something neat for a trade, let me know. I'm just looking to see what's out there.

  • #2
    Matt,
    Never met you, but in reading your many posts and writings, I am thinkin a Hawk would be a good fit for you

    Comment


    • #3
      Though a nice wagon, I dont need another Stude wagon but I do have a very nice 2001 Lincoln Continental with all the bells & whistles that I would trade for a 25 horespower or larger wood chipper. If you find somebody looking to trade such a wood chipper for your wagon, you could then in turn trade the wood chipper for my Lincoln.
      Perhaps with enough persons wanting to trade an item for something else, we may be able to get what we want. Perhaps it could be called 'six degrees of swapping'?
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

      Comment


      • #4
        Matthew,

        How about a Coupe Express? Richard Quinn has one of his for sale for a pretty reasonable price.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I am such a sucker for wagons - been very jealous of your 57 from the start. Sorry though, nothing here to offer in trade.
          Not even a wood chipper.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            Matt,
            >>> I am thinkin a Hawk would be a good fit for you
            Agreed!!! Matt definitely needs a shiny BLACK HAWK!!! His Grandpa ...or I ...can attest to the strange powers a young guy driving a BLACK HAWK can have over the women.

            Comment


            • #7
              Matt...Matt...Matt: I should have pressed you when you 1st showed loss of interest....But I didn't want to sway any immediate negativity after the fender pain.....I just bought a 62' Lark wagon. No engine, SW dry car. If your still a mind for a later wagon with an very solid body and a great 1963 Cruiser drivetrain (289 w/OD)....I would talk trade..I would have never bought this car were I to know yours was available......Let me know..
              Jack

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                Agreed!!! Matt definitely needs a shiny BLACK HAWK!!! His Grandpa ...or I ...can attest to the strange powers a young guy driving a BLACK HAWK can have over the women.
                No doubt !
                sigpic
                1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction


                Ken Byrd
                Lewisville,NC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                  Agreed!!! Matt definitely needs a shiny BLACK HAWK!!! His Grandpa ...or I ...can attest to the strange powers a young guy driving a BLACK HAWK can have over the women.
                  So True...so true... Won myself a sweetheart while driving a Shiney black Hawk back in 1968. Now have a different Hawk, but still got the same sweetheart. 44 years later.
                  .
                  Neil Thornton

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                    So True...so true... Won myself a sweetheart while driving a Shiney black Hawk back in 1968. Now have a different Hawk, but still got the same sweetheart. 44 years later.
                    .
                    Met my Wife of 48 yrs while driving a Black 1957 Golden Hawk in 1963.
                    sigpic
                    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction


                    Ken Byrd
                    Lewisville,NC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by blackhawk61 View Post
                      Met my Wife of 48 yrs while driving a Black 1957 Golden Hawk in 1963.
                      The Bro-in-law and Sis-in-law's first date was in his '62 BLACK GT HAWK back in 1965. They've been married 44 1/2 years now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well ok guys, I hate to keep on a topic using Matt's thread, but you're not gona' believe this. I met my wife of 44 years ( April 6, 1968) and at the time, I ALSO owned a 1959 Silver Hawk, Velvet Black in color, with red interior. Kept it for another year and had to sell it to buy something she could drive with "creature comforts" Within a few years, we found another '59 Hawk (pictured at the left) for her, and have had it all this time. You just never know.

                        Dan Miller
                        Auburn,GA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ROADRACELARK View Post
                          Well ok guys, I hate to keep on a topic using Matt's thread, but you're not gona' believe this. I met my wife of 44 years ( April 6, 1968) and at the time, I ALSO owned a 1959 Silver Hawk, Velvet Black in color, with red interior. Kept it for another year and had to sell it to buy something she could drive with "creature comforts" Within a few years, we found another '59 Hawk (pictured at the left) for her, and have had it all this time. You just never know.

                          Dan Miller
                          Auburn,GA
                          When I showed up at my girlfriends house in South Bend with my brand new 63 GT Hawk, she said "Why'd you buy a Studebaker ?" Not exactly a "cool" car in South Bend.
                          JDP Maryland

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When I met Miss Edie it was 1967. I was driving a 57 Chevy. She let me take her home from church and agreed to go out with me a time or two, but in 68 when I drove up in a 56 Sky hawk, all black and shiney, she started talking marriage! Must be something mystical about a Black Hawk! NT
                            Neil Thornton

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JDP View Post
                              When I showed up at my girlfriends house in South Bend with my brand new 63 GT Hawk, she said "Why'd you buy a Studebaker ?" Not exactly a "cool" car in South Bend.
                              Was it black, John?
                              Neil Thornton

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X