Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
    Also is Jim Sinclair still around?

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking.
    Jim
    Jim, please check your PM's - thanks, Bob

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Congrats on finding such a great looking car. I can feel your joy and excitement!

Leave a comment:

• AnAvanti4Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Congrats on the purchase of a darn nice Avanti, I know that car and the Cartos well. Glad to see it go to a good home.

Jim Sinclair is still around, and is an active member of this forum. I'm sure he'll see this soon.
    Jim Carto is a fine fellow that I hope to meet at the SDC nats this year as I plan on attending. His knowledge, enthusiasm and the fact that he actually drove the Avanti sold the car. The Avanti will receive the best stewardship possible while in my care. And Jim Sinclair and I are connecting. What a great group this is...Bob

Leave a comment:

• redbox
    replied
    Good timing, just as the weather is turning and spring is here. Enjoy your ride.

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    Congratulations! You will love it....Mike

Leave a comment:

• LarkTruck
    replied
    Also is Jim Sinclair still around?

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Congrats on the purchase of a darn nice Avanti, I know that car and the Cartos well. Glad to see it go to a good home.

Jim Sinclair is still around, and is an active member of this forum. I'm sure he'll see this soon.

Leave a comment:

• AnAvanti4Bob
    started a topic Avanti 63R 3062 arrives in Michigan

Avanti 63R 3062 arrives in Michigan

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1734893I am pleased to report that after searching for 2 years, I have acquired my dream car from a SDC and AOAI member in Georgia. A 1963 R1 with deluxe (not Regal) black and fawn interior, factory AC, AT, TT, AM radio and rear speaker with Vibrasonic (reverb). Pricey (for me), but every time I see it I am not at all disappointed: guided by JDP's mantra that there is nothing more expensive than a cheap AvantiClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1734894 in 1998 the car had a frame off restoration by Jim Sinclair (in PA) for Ron Beardsley (the original owner/bought new), was sold in 2008 to Jim Carto in GA and then on to my stewardship in 2012 as the third owner for the duration.

The SNM build sheet shows that the Avanti was originally shipped to New Orleans and I am trying to make an ownership trail that will stay with the car. Since Mr. Beardsley lived in Vermont at the time the car was restored, I am trying to make the connection between the selling dealer (Crescent City Motors at 2001 St. Charles St., N.O. LA.) and how the car ended up in the north. The second owner bought the Avanti from Florida, where Mr. Beardsley lived at the time.

I talked to Dave T-bow who knew the car, original owner and about the restoration. He directed me to call the last phone number that he had for the original owner, Ron Beardsley, but the number was disconnected. Does anyone have any information on Mr. Beardsley, who was a member of the John Ebstein AOAI chapter in Florida and also a SDC member? I would enjoy adding to my knowledge about my Avanti by talking to him.

Also is Jim Sinclair still around? I received many years worth of AOAI magazines from Ron Beardsley via the second owner and noticed that Jim Sinclair's business, Expressly Avanti, was advertised in the late 90's in the AOAI publication and possibly Turning Wheels. I received many of the invoices for Jim Sinclair's work that was done in 1998 and would like to add any info that I am able to receive.

I am so proud to finally be a Studebaker owner and it will provide another reason to look forward to the non-winter seasons with my new companion. Any information to further the history of my Avanti would be greatly appreciated...Bob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AnAvanti4Bob; 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM.
Working...
X