1937 truck in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 truck in MN

Does anyone know any more about this truck? I LOVE it!! I am looking into shipping but suspect shipping will be more than the truck is worth. If anyone can supply correct dims (the seller is getting back to me in the next days) that would be most helpful. Thanks, Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wolfie; 03-22-2012, 07:43 AM.
    sigpic

This is a 1938-40 K Series truck, not a '37. Looks to be the K10 model that Studebaker referred to as the Fast Transport. See this recent thread for pictures.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...645#post625645
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      This is a 1938-40 K Series truck, not a '37. Looks to be the K10 model that Studebaker referred to as the Fast Transport. See this recent thread for pictures.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...645#post625645

I thought the dual rear wheels negated it being a Fast transport and made it a K-15 or larger. I wasnt sure about the year but it is advertised as a 37 so I went with that. At any rate I do like the truck and have gotten a few quotes on transporting it. Maybe its doable. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

If you get it, I have the "Studebaker" name plates for the side of the hood and a beautiful reproduction radiator cap. Tom

Comment

If I was 10 years younger I know of a 96 Dodge Cumins 1 ton this would fit on.

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
            If I was 10 years younger I know of a 96 Dodge Cumins 1 ton this would fit on.
            I thought about a 2004 Chevy 6500 locally with a burned body. Unfortunately I want it but cant justify bringing another project in with everything I already have on my plate. The truck does sound interesting and I hope someone steps up to save it. It is a 1 1/2 ton truck. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Sweet, it even has a gravel box! Let me know if you decide not to buy the Stude truck as I would like to have a gravel truck.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Ohhhh.... That would make an awesome fire truck.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

That is a great looking truck. It has all kinds of possibilities......
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The grille's in these things always seem to be in bad shape. Like the truck.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                      Sweet, it even has a gravel box! Let me know if you decide not to buy the Stude truck as I would like to have a gravel truck.
                      I have backed off of this truck. I still love it but have faced the reality that the money I would have to spend on it should be used elsewhere. Please save it if you can. There is a bit more info on the truck talk site. Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

M interested can you forward the info to me in a PM I have the rig to go get it myself. Thanks
                        John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Not quite what I expected to see when I opened this thread.
                          But VERY COOL indeed.
                          Thanks for posting this picture.
                          Good Roads
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca
                          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Wow , Nice , One of you cheapskates better git her . ( where is it and how much ) .

Comment

What I read on the Stude Truck Talk website is that this was on a ProxiBid auction and it has been sold for the winning bid of $2500.
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X