No announcement yet.

Caution: 'Looks like TW Editor Brian Curtis got hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a note: Brian's e-mail might not be hacked. It is easy enough to spoof an address. I received one also, and I know that I have never been in e-mail contact with Brian before this. Not meaning to cause alarm, but it is possible that the e-mail addresses were harvested from either SDC or the forum and that Brian was chosen as a likely person to send the e-mail.
    Dave Nevin
    Corvallis, OR
    1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
    Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
      We might have believed it if a SDC member wrote..."I'm stuck in South Bend...and I've spent all my money at S-I."
      No joke there ROFLMAO!
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by dnevin View Post
        Just a note: Brian's e-mail might not be hacked. It is easy enough to spoof an address. I received one also, and I know that I have never been in e-mail contact with Brian before this. Not meaning to cause alarm, but it is possible that the e-mail addresses were harvested from either SDC or the forum and that Brian was chosen as a likely person to send the e-mail.
        Good insight, Dave; thanks. Perhaps no one did get into Brian's list of contacts, since you weren't in them. Everybody else I know would have been in Brian's list of contacts. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It's likely some third party had their email hacked and Mr. Curtis' address was among those in the victim's contact list. It pays to have a strong password; something other than "12345" or "password".
          Jim K.
          63 Hawk

Comment

Ok..now JIM..how did you know my password...!!

Dam..now I have to go change all my email and banking passwords..

Comment

Brian told me this afternoon that he was definately hacked. His yahoo account is locked to him, probably not to the hacker who got his password and changed it, to get all of your money paypal'ed to help "him" 'get home from Spain!' Yahoo is on it, but down for now.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
              X