Lark at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark at night

Can't save 'em all, but here's one I do keep safe, unpopular or not. I love this silly thing.

She's out of storage now. It's unheard of around here to have one out before end of April, but this year's been very unusual. Once she pumped up fuel she took right off and immediately did that perfectly smooth idle. Drove it around some, still drives perfect other than the trans. being loud in high gear and the inop O/D. Have to get to that first chance I get.

Anyway, I tried a couple artsy-fartsy shots with the iPhone. I need to replace a headlight then I'll do one with the headlights.

Take that, r2 Avantis.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cool pictures Bob. I love the lowly Larks too!!!
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

call me an odd duck... but I prefer the larks.... unless we are talking about a certain green and yellow car....
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Yep...I have one that's been lurking in the man cave for years. Last year, I got mine out, dusted it off, new battery, freshened up the brakes, changed the oil, and drove it around the yard a couple of times. It went back into the man cave while I had surgery. 'bout time to get her out again. Poor thing, the headliner is trying to dive to the floor, needs tires, and the paint is flaking in spots. I probably need to find someone who would give it the attention it needs, but I just can't bring myself to part with it.

Larks are kinda like little girls...they'll steal your heart.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

And a 4 door to boot. I LOVE 4 doors.
          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

I take it that the Regal 4 Door '60 Lark is really Beige or White with Green St. Patrick's Day light on it right?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The 59-61 Larks were beautiful, 4 doors, 2 doors, wagons, convertibles!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I take it that the Regal 4 Door '60 Lark is really Beige or White with Green St. Patrick's Day light on it right?
                Just that drab old Oasis Green under a regular outdoor light. Weird how it fires up like that!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  Just that drab old Oasis Green under a regular outdoor light. Weird how it fires up like that!
                  I always thought that color was exactly like the light non-metallic green our 1974 Impala was.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    Digital cams colorshift toward green hues in low light due to the way the CCDs detect and interpolate color. That's why areas of concentrated black in low-light digital photos have flecks of green "noise" in them - the image sensor can't handle that much artificial ISO gain.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                      Digital cams colorshift toward green hues in low light due to the way the CCDs detect and interpolate color. That's why areas of concentrated black in low-light digital photos have flecks of green "noise" in them - the image sensor can't handle that much artificial ISO gain.
                      Gah?

I'll take your word on the effect without trying to follow the explanation...

That is the photography world's version of "full frontal nerdity"

As for me, it was just tinkering with the camera because I was enjoying having the car out where I could see it again That was the iPhone camera, which those with knowledge say is a pretty good camera if you have the right app and know how to use it. I have the most-recommended app but haven't spent any time learning it. Maybe at some point I will.
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                      X