• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmac530
    replied
    That car is just GROSS.
    Discussting.
    I can't imagine you wanting to drive that ghastly beast.

PS: I just wanted to be different from EVERYONE else.....That car is so BAD, I think you should just give to me so I can DISPOSE of as I wish....I WISH I had it as my own...
    You know I am kidding right? Just GORGEOUS.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Thank you for the fine compliment!

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
    That has to be Stu Chapman's finest achievement, I'd love one of those some day. What a way for Studebaker to leave the auto business, with her head held high.
    My last company car was a 1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, also red with the same vinyl roof as this one, except I had it built with the off-white interior. When we closed down we were allowed to purchase our consigned and leased cars. I had the privilege of having a consigned car for me and a leased car for my wife, which by the way cost me about $25. per month. My cost to buy the Daytona was about $1,500. and my wife's Wagonaire was about $1,200. I couldn't afford to purchase both cars so the Wagonaire seemed more practical for our growing family and it won out. I'd love to know where these cars eventually ended up. Maybe this summer I'll do a search through the Museum archives and see if I can find the build tickets.
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• GTCruiser
    replied
    Absolutely beautiful!!!

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    My 66 Daytona has the red interior like yours. The only thing I have is I wish mine had the red exterior....man am I jealous! My car is white outside & had the white vinyl top. I have been told a black top with the white paint was not available for some reason. I dont know why, mine looks like a refrigerator with all the white. There are pictures of one at an auto show, the same color combination as yours. I think it was Chicago although I could be wrong-wouldn't be the first time. Enjoy your new 66 !!

Leave a comment:

• Jim B PEI
    replied
    I normally do not love an all red interior (had one Studebaker with it; was not thrilled excessively with it) but the interior of your 66 is just fantastic. Same with the Mount Royal Red exterior. Its better with that white than a word description alone (another resale red car etc) would tend to make you think.

The only way I'd like that car even better is if it were in MY driveway, and some enterprising factory worker had installed that third pedal to the left, along with something 'right, at hand' <g>

Congratulations on a fine piece of automobile, and "happy trails to you"

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    Hi As a former owner of a 66 Daytona you will enjoy that car , Next to our 63 Avanti It was the best driving Stude I had , Now you have to bring it to our show in Beachwood N.J. in Sept , Enjoy , Ed

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Sharp car, congratulations! I'm with Craig; you hardly ever see the red interior on a '66. Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    that 66 is gorgeous

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    Sweet car, It'll be fun for years.

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Gorgeous car, and a disc brake car to boot!

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    That has to be the best looking interior I've seen in a Studebaker and a lot of other cars for that matter. Gorgeous car en-Toto.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Originally posted by JDP View Post
    That beauty just says "class" in so many ways, gorgeous car.
    Exactly!

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I'm not fond of green, but that's the color I find overtaking me - GREEN with envy!

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Good to see another 66 out there being enjoyed .....good luck

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    As do I, especially with the RED interior. Most common interior color with that Mount Royal Red exterior appears to be the Champagne (off-white) color. One hardly ever sees a red interior on a '66.

Craig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X