My New 1966 Daytona Arrived Today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet car, It'll be fun for years.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

that 66 is gorgeous
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Sharp car, congratulations! I'm with Craig; you hardly ever see the red interior on a '66. Very nice!
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Hi As a former owner of a 66 Daytona you will enjoy that car , Next to our 63 Avanti It was the best driving Stude I had , Now you have to bring it to our show in Beachwood N.J. in Sept , Enjoy , Ed

Comment

I normally do not love an all red interior (had one Studebaker with it; was not thrilled excessively with it) but the interior of your 66 is just fantastic. Same with the Mount Royal Red exterior. Its better with that white than a word description alone (another resale red car etc) would tend to make you think.

The only way I'd like that car even better is if it were in MY driveway, and some enterprising factory worker had installed that third pedal to the left, along with something 'right, at hand' <g>

Congratulations on a fine piece of automobile, and "happy trails to you"

Comment

My 66 Daytona has the red interior like yours. The only thing I have is I wish mine had the red exterior....man am I jealous! My car is white outside & had the white vinyl top. I have been told a black top with the white paint was not available for some reason. I dont know why, mine looks like a refrigerator with all the white. There are pictures of one at an auto show, the same color combination as yours. I think it was Chicago although I could be wrong-wouldn't be the first time. Enjoy your new 66 !!
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Comment

Thank you for the fine compliment!

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                  That has to be Stu Chapman's finest achievement, I'd love one of those some day. What a way for Studebaker to leave the auto business, with her head held high.
                  My last company car was a 1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, also red with the same vinyl roof as this one, except I had it built with the off-white interior. When we closed down we were allowed to purchase our consigned and leased cars. I had the privilege of having a consigned car for me and a leased car for my wife, which by the way cost me about $25. per month. My cost to buy the Daytona was about $1,500. and my wife's Wagonaire was about $1,200. I couldn't afford to purchase both cars so the Wagonaire seemed more practical for our growing family and it won out. I'd love to know where these cars eventually ended up. Maybe this summer I'll do a search through the Museum archives and see if I can find the build tickets.
                  Stu Chapman

Comment

That car is just GROSS.
                    Discussting.
                    I can't imagine you wanting to drive that ghastly beast.

PS: I just wanted to be different from EVERYONE else.....That car is so BAD, I think you should just give to me so I can DISPOSE of as I wish....I WISH I had it as my own...
                    You know I am kidding right? Just GORGEOUS.

Comment

Working...
                    X