• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelly finds her way home!!!

As you might recall, not too long ago I did something rather crazy~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...as-a-new-owner

Well, today she showed up!!!

Not long after we got Nelly off the trailer, Jackson decided he was ready to go for a ride!!!

I'll add a few more pics to this thread as I get them loaded up.
    I only took about 50, and have many many more to take...
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
    As you might recall, not too long ago I did something rather crazy~Well, today she showed up!!!
    Good work, Dave!

That white MCI or whatever it is travelling in the opposite direction looks like it can swallow Nelly whole!

Craig

Comment

That looks very nice! And I am sure that Nelly enjoyed that long of a ride to her new loving home!

Mark

Comment

Okay...
        She's not a young pup but, I detect a smile on Nelly's face. She knows her final roads are not yet traveled.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I am so jealous!
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I like those extentions on the brake and clutch pedals. I guess they are to compensate for the difference in heights from a regular truck and the bigger chassis of the bus?

Comment

I spent some time in and under and all around the outside of this thing today, what a cool ride! We are making plans to restore it, and update a few things. For an old commercial vehicle, this one has survived in very good condition.

We'll oil up the engine and remove the valve covers to make sure everything is looking good and run it this week. I spent some time last week getting brake parts ready, found some NOS brake drums if we need them. I feel bad I sold off some nice 2R truck stuff over the years, but there is still enough to spruce up what it needs.

It found a good home here

Comment

Buses are fun! But with the cost of paint these days, you had better take a hard look at your budget.
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

NEAT-O! THAT is cool!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

WTH, no shag carpet nor peace signs. That bus led a sheltered life. Neat project

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      Good work, Dave! That white MCI or whatever it is travelling in the opposite direction looks like it can swallow Nelly whole! Craig
                      You know what's funny? I don't even remember seeing that other bus when I took that picture!!!

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                      That looks very nice! And I am sure that Nelly enjoyed that long of a ride to her new loving home! Mark
                      Well, maybe not so much- you see, there was a '65 Mustang perched over her head for most of the trip. And while it may have looked nice, it must've thought it was a Stude 289, so it leaked a TON of oil all over Nelly!!! Round two of the clean up begins later today...
                      I have to get a taller ladder!!!

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                      Okay...
                      She's not a young pup but, I detect a smile on Nelly's face. She knows her final roads are not yet traveled.
                      Through all the oil, yes she was smiling!!! And we are hoping for many miles of fun indeed!!!

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                      I am so jealous!
                      Don't be- her body is rustier then I thought (see below)

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                      Buses are fun! But with the cost of paint these days, you had better take a hard look at your budget. Good Roads Brian
                      Yes- the paint buget is going to break my bank. But I know a good body guy who works cheap!!!

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      NEAT-O! THAT is cool!
                      Thank you, thank you very much!!

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                      WTH, no shag carpet nor peace signs. That bus led a sheltered life. Neat project Bob
                      The conversion to 'RV' was done in (about) 1985, so I got lucky on that!!!

StudeDave '57
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Paint? Did you say paint? Just find a family like this to help you! Come on get happy!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by kurtruk; 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM.
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Very nice! Would be sweet if the underdash radio worked.......ummmmmm, does it? Or maybe it's too soon to tell...Regarding the BIG tour coach; if your car/bus hauler was moving along and that tour coach was as well - - then - - they passed by each other at, at least 120 mph! I'll just say you've got one very good camera there Dave...stop action and clear pictures...sweet!! And Jackson...he knows a good thing when he see's it!!!
                          JimsLeadCommander

Comment

I spent some time looking it over today and was really surprised with what we found. (everything looks good)

Comment

Congrats on acquiring Nelly! I have a few spare 2R series parts, like brake drums, and front axle, and grilles, and hood ornaments. Let me know if there is anything you can use. Also have some RV interior stuff, icebox, furnace, stove, maybe.
                              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                              X