Nelly finds her way home!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
    Paint? Did you say paint? Just find a family like this to help you! Come on get happy!
    uhhhhh, no thanks~ too many colors for me!!!

Originally posted by JimsLeadCommander View Post
    Very nice! Would be sweet if the underdash radio worked.......ummmmmm, does it? Or maybe it's too soon to tell...Regarding the BIG tour coach; if your car/bus hauler was moving along and that tour coach was as well - - then - - they passed by each other at, at least 120 mph! I'll just say you've got one very good camera there Dave...stop action and clear pictures...sweet!! And Jackson...he knows a good thing when he see's it!!!
    The radio does work, but I didn't manage to get much more then static out of it.
    Nelly was already on the offramp when this was taken, so they did not pass at that speed Jim. Look at the right edge of the picture. That's the exit sign. At about the time I snapped that- I heard the Jake kickin' in on that big KW. In fact- his truck was about the only one on the road just then, and that's how I knew he was coming- and how I managed to get the picture 'at just the right time' with Dad's camera. (thanks Dad!!!)

Jackson takes all of about two seconds to get comfortable-
    so long as there are no other dogs around besides Star.

Originally posted by (S) View Post
    I spent some time looking it over today and was really surprised with what we found. (everything looks good)
    Thanks again for the time you spent here yesterday Mike!!! We're one fuel pump and a clean gas tank away from hearing her run without an IV down her neck.
    Now, where on Earth am I gonna find a fuel pump for a Stude 259...?

Originally posted by gordr View Post
    Congrats on acquiring Nelly! I have a few spare 2R series parts, like brake drums, and front axle, and grilles, and hood ornaments. Let me know if there is anything you can use. Also have some RV interior stuff, icebox, furnace, stove, maybe.
    Thanks for the offer Gord. I'll keep it in mind.

Our plan is to take a look at the brakes later in the week.
    The list is long, but it'll get knocked out quickly.
    Weather will hamper our efforts, as she's stuck outside for now.
    But it's okay- I have a heated garage full of indoor projects too!!!

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Gord, it could use a nice hood ornament, the rest of the chrome is 'OK' for now.

Lucky I saved a huge loaded diff from the scrap yard a few years back, I thought it was from a 2 ton Stude. Anyway- it has the double ended wheel cylinders and huge cast iron brake shoes. I am hoping 2 of the 4 wheel cylinders will clean up as they are a hard find.

I knew we had some old truck drums from another buy we did a few years back and sure enough, they were NOS drums for this old bus.

I'll grab an old Carter F pump from the shelf and put a rebuild kit in it, replace the water pump and she'll be like new!

Its funny, the oil pan is over full from sitting, no sign of leaking but we know it will after it runs a bit.

If any of you guys have some extra SUNSHINE, and warm temps we could use that too! It has been cold up here.

Comment

Regarding the 'over full' oil pan; perhaps someone just added too much, too soon and didn't want to drain it out to make it right? Of course, I'm confident that you guys will do that along with the other things on Nelly's 'honey-do' list.
        JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Originally posted by JimsLeadCommander View Post
          Regarding the 'over full' oil pan; perhaps someone just added too much, too soon and didn't want to drain it out to make it right?
          Jim~ Nelly has not been run in who knows how long.
          She's got an oil filter that sits on top of her engine.
          Over time gravity drains that extra quart into the pan...

Now, as to the extra quart all over her nose-
          that's from the Mustang that was transported along with her!!!

StudeDave '57
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
            Okay...
            She's not a young pup but, I detect a smile on Nelly's face. She knows her final roads are not yet traveled.
            You should photoshop Jackson in the bus - - - put a smile on his face!! How cool would that be? {:= )
            JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
            X