Landcruiser brake parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landcruiser brake parts

I have a 54 Landcruiser that I have been trying to find brake parts for.Not the normal stuff,but a front parking brake cable.I had the number of a fellow that made them,and he had one in stock but the number is no longer in service.All the places I've looked go all around that year and model car.I'm just looking for somebody to point me in the right direction.I'm not much of a computer person so I have no doubt there is a vendor or seller right in front of me I'm not seeing.Thanks.

Keith, at the top of this page, check "Notifications". I've got a good used one here.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've been helping Keith with the parking brake cable he's been looking for. I've had one hanging in the garage for years. My rescue and refuge efforts are finally gonna pay off in helping this LC stay in top shape.

Keith's car is a beauty and I want to share the pics he sent me. Needless to say - I wish it were mine!
      Attached Files
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The middle picture was taken in the pole barn of the estate it came from.I found a rechromed ornament in the trunk,kind of like a set of wings.The fellow near me that has the same Landcruiser sent me a picture,he has that ornament on his hood above the emblem.My hood isn't drilled for it,so I'm guessing the hood came off a plainer car before.I also have three Model A Fords on the road,and have been going to quite a few cruise nights.Traffic is getting worse where I live,and I think I will have a lot more fun riding home 25 miles in the dark in the Studebaker than the Model A's.The brakes were redone before it was parked,but they hang up and stick now.I am going through them again.I have all the parts except for the hill holder kit and parking brake cable.Ordering both tomorrow morning.The previous owner had a tussle with the brake cable and somehow twisted up the end in the handle.That is what really kept me from driving it when I first bought it,I won't drive an old car with a single master cylinder without an emergency brake.I learned that the hard way,39 years ago this summer.

Comment

Keith, that hood is probably original. The ornament you mention was an option on even the Land Cruiser. I'd bet if you asked around, the consensus would be that the car's better off without it!

By the way - she's a sharp-lookin' machine! Anybody else think Keith's car is cool??? NO comments???
          Last edited by Roscomacaw; 03-19-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Wow! That is a pretty LC. Most of the ones I have seen are rather quiet colors, but this one is an attention getter for sure. Nice find indeed.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

That is a beautiful car - I'll bet it turns some heads!

Comment

Before Keith tears his hill holder apart, has anyone here successfully rebuilt one without it leaking forever after?
                I was advised to simply flush it clean and re-install. That worked for me.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

My brother had a 54 LC back in the 60's His was 2tone green. His Brother-in-law borrowed it for a beer run. Ran past the beer store, slammed the brakes and hit reverse at the same time. Broke an axle, junked the car.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

You have a great looking car. Good luck with your parts search.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

Nice looking car, Keith ...with super nice looking paint job on it!!!

Comment

What a gem! I bet that is a comfortable ride. Good to have you here with us.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                          >>>has anyone here successfully rebuilt one without it leaking forever after?<<<
                          Yes, but it took 3 tries before I realized the big copper gasket that comes in the commonly available rebuild kit does not seal well with all sizes of end caps.

Comment

Keith,
                            That is a really nice looking LC. Very sharp.
                            Sorry I have not posted about it sooner. I did not look at the thread because I have no car parts. But man I like your car. Big welcome to the site Keith.

Bob, {Roscomacaw} Thanks for request we all look at this thread.

Comment

Keith
                              Thats a beautiful two-tone Land Cruiser. I always prefer the 1954 grille over 1953 or 1955 as well. Enjoy it. DRIVE IT!

Bob
                              Thanks for pointing out this thread.
                              John
                              1950 Champion
                              W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                              Holdrege NE

Comment

Working...
                              X