No announcement yet.

Factory showcar located

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not really been a Speedster lover.
    As I am not fond of 55 grills and the large side chrome doesn't do that much for me either.
    But the total package does work and I do find them very atractive.
    And the colors???
    If I was fortunate enough to own one, I think it would have to be Black & White.
    These are just my thoughts.
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

To:woodysrods,----- Yes, I agree, the Black/White President Speedsters are definitely quite striking. But do You know something?.....A large contingent of Speedster lovers think that if a '55 President Speedster isn't
      painted the original Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow colors, with that blinding yellow leather interior, it's just not a Speedster!!!!! I owned one like that years ago, and I have to say no other Studebaker I've owned
      created more of a stir than that Green/Yellow Speedster did. (and the comments always were 100% positive) One rumor going around years ago was that Studebaker marketing execs took a long look at the Gary
      Cooper Model J Duesenburg Phaeton, that was painted a very similar Green/Yellow color scheme, and opted for the same visual impact on the original fourteen Showcars....Who knows??

Comment

To:kmac530,-----Thanks for Your comments. I too like the look of the '55's (My Dad bought a new one, so I guess it's ingrained!) In reality, any deviation from the original, and very pure, '53 design, would forever be a
        tough sell to many Studebaker fans. As far as pictures go, it would be nice if owners posted photos of their cars with their serial and body numbers. I probably should have suggested that a while back. Take care

Comment

I wondered if anyone out there owns or has seen a '55 President Speedster with a McCulloch Supercharger installed on it? I'm referring to the aftermarket kit that McCulloch Motors came out with around 1955.
          One of these rather strange looking kits was for sale on e-bay a few years ago, but except for a few old pictures, I've never seen one 'in the flesh'.

Comment

Working...
          X