Newbie w/my '57 Transtar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie w/my '57 Transtar

I just bought a '57 Transtar with a flathead 6. I will have to cut down trees to get it out. I removed the wheels today to have some rollers mounted to them. I hope to post some pics.
    Attached Files

Nicely done! You'v got yourself a great start on your project. Those are sweet looking trucks, and yours looks to be in pretty nice shape, what with the trees threatening its very existence! Thanks for rescuing her, and welcom to the world of Studebakering. You won't regret it!
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

oldwood, welcome and also love the truck !
      You may want to post to the truck page where most of the Stude truck owners hang out.
      Check it out
      Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Wow considering the "elements" it's been sitting in. The body looks a lot better than I would have expected!
        George King
        Grants Pass, Oregon
        64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Way to go! I just drove my '57 Transtar this morning. Took it to an estate sale so I could haul home the vintage ShopSmith I bought.
          Attached Files
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome--and thanks for saving that truck. Looks pretty solid!
            Dave Nevin
            Corvallis, OR
            1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

It looks a lot better than my project & it looks as it you just got it out of there in time.... trees squish trucks as they age.

Comment

Cool truck. Was this one in that yard that they guy won't sell anything from? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rd-Studebakers
                We would be honored if you would join us for our April meeting of the Arkansas chapter.

Comment

Super looking truck! Congratulations and good luck with your project.
                  John
                  59 Silver Hawk
                  3E12D-122-C4

Comment

Give me acall at 247 6828 I'm in Mabelvale

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

It didn't want a new home but with some work and a roll back she has a new home. I thought I would dress him up with a new hood onament.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is a real solid looking truck there.
                        Make sure all of the bottoms of the fenders, inside the doors, widshield A pillars, the header above the windshield....every nook and cranny you can find is cleared out of debris and varmint nests. This stuff causes rust easily. The only places my C-cab had any rust was in the places where mouse nests were and the pee had caused rust.
                        You will like the truck and there are tons of parts and supplies available for it and tremendous help here on this site. Welcome again.

Comment

I like that ornament. Izzat Nash or Caddy? The truck DOES look solid. Check in the cab corners - inside, below where the gas filler tube goes thru. Over the years, coins and stuff found their weay from folks pockets to deep in those corners. There was a couple of bucks in change there when I first got Pete in '89! I once came across another Transtar in a wrecking yard that had $14 dollars in change (most of it silver!) in that little pocket.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Good guess on the Lady. The 5 ft Kingsnake that I almost stepped on didn't want me to have it. You know the snake knows your there before you see them. Then you see them and its "oh sheeeet". Its off of a Nash. I believe its a '47. I bought it with the stude. I couldn't pass on a $200 Nash. I'll sell what I can and crush the rest. The bottoms of the doors on the stude need help. I didn't need another project as I'm in the middle of a few but I couldn't let this one rot away.

Comment

i would have brought home that VW too .....................

Comment

Working...
                              X