Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are looking for an extremely original, rust free, fixed roof wagon, this is the one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are looking for an extremely original, rust free, fixed roof wagon, this is the one

I was the second owner on this car and showed it in South Bend 5 years ago. In its last Studebaker meet, it received a perfect score on the interior. The car is rust free and in extremely nice shape. The frame even shows the original paint very well. I owned it for 17 years and put 2000 miles on it. When I drove it to South Bend, I just turned over 36,000 miles. The only thing not original on the car is the carpet. I pulled the rubber mat and put the carpet in so that the floor could breathe. The a/c is also not original. It was added by owner #3. This car is the most solid, rust free car and runs like a top. I wish I could buy it back myself. I even talked to my wife today about it and offered to sell two of my 58 Packards. Even though she remembers the car well and being that I brought each of our three kids home from the hospital in it....I was not able to sell her from the emotional side of it. I kid you not, this is a very nice car and even the toughest buyer will be extremely pleased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STUDE...item2a1aa734a3
    Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 03-10-2012, 07:20 PM.

Your quick thoughts on the car are better than the ebay ad. Nice car, but to me- a Wagonaire needs a sliding roof.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
      Your quick thoughts on the car are better than the ebay ad. Nice car, but to me- a Wagonaire needs a sliding roof.
      Ya maybe so but these baby's don't leak.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I spotted that '64 Commander Wagon ebay Ad yesterday and could tell that it's a keeper! Very nice.

But I too feel like I would get tired of everyone asking "does it have a sliding roof"?

It just looks like it should have one, all except the fact that they do not have Wagonaire Nameplates on them and the bodies are not as rigid without the "X" Member frame.

My (2) never leaked anywhere except a little at the top of the rear Window. It should have been an easy fix if I had kept them.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 03-11-2012, 03:17 AM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

That is a gorgeous car. Having owned a Wagonaire I see the sliding roof as more of a novelty than anything else. I never used it for its intended purpose and the splash of cold rain water down the back at every stop sign isn't missed. Yes the x-frame is great and should have been used on more cars, like the hardtops, but it shouldn't be a detractor for an original V8 3spd OD equipped station wagon that is rust free.

Nick

Comment

Hi Joe- Is this the same wagon you stored in my garage a few years ago? If so i will agree it is one fine car.

Denny L

Comment

Yes Denny that is the car. I worked all weekend on Diane....selling on emotions....even willing to part with two 58 Packards. She said I had to many cars (9 in the shed this winter). I even tried to grab her on the point that this was the car that brought each of our kids home from the hospital when they were born. She still wouldn't budge. She said that I was still attached to the car and needed to move on, go figure..........
              Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 03-13-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

How many of you would of thought that a fixed roof, 64 Commander wagon would of sold for $11,250.00 I kid you not this is one extremely nice wagon. Car is on its way to Germany. Sold to a private collector who collects all original, unrestored, nice early to mid-60's wagons.

Comment

Working...
                X