Another Goldie on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Goldie on Ebay

Not sure what's up with that color. Looks good, but a blue 57?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...ht_1558wt_1165
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

The seller mentions the foil on the driver's side interior door trim panel is peeling. I saw this before on a two tone green '56 Golden that was restored here in Mass. several years ago. The Phantom interiors are beautiful, but I don't believe
    They were able to replicate the original Studebaker foil material used on these '56-'57 GH door panels. The original foil material wore like iron.
    Last edited by SN-60; 03-08-2012, 11:03 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'm not crazy about Golden Hawks, but that blue looks GREAT on it.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The seller states that is Strato Blue, so maybe it is one paint mixer's interpretation of Studebaker's 1964 Strato Blue. 'Could well be. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I really like that color. But I would paint the side grille areas white, I think that'd really set if off.

Comment

Ya never know what the the owners thoughts were at the time, but restoration look recent. A factory color might fetch a higher price. I do agree it looks good. A few more color options when new would have been nice. I saw a red with gold fins and it looked great.

Anyone know what the 58 GH color choices were? I think they had a few more offerings than the 57.
            My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
            Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
            My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
              I really like that color. But I would paint the side grille areas white, I think that'd really set if off.
              I wouldn't, because then it would look like another copy of a Golden Hawk 400.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Pretty car. Love the interior, too. If it wasn't a factory formula, it really should have been. That color would really suit fin inserts of silver or Packard Hawk mylar material!
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Silver hawk horn button..
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

When I had my GH 35 years ago the info I had then was that they came in only 2 color combinations: white with gold fins and gold with white fins. Is that correct? Mine was gold.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I wouldn't, because then it would look like another copy of a Golden Hawk 400.

A GH 400 is more than just a paint scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by gs-xnr View Post
                        When I had my GH 35 years ago the info I had then was that they came in only 2 color combinations: white with gold fins and gold with white fins. Is that correct? Mine was gold.
                        No, mine was black.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
                          A GH 400 is more than just a paint scheme.
                          Of course I know this. I am referring to a view of the exterior. The side grille paint color is the only exterior difference that I can think of for a Golden Hawk 400 (from a Golden Hawk).
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                          X