Glass Bowl Fuel Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Bowl Fuel Filter

Can anyone tell me if a glass bowl fuel filter would have come from factory on my 1964 Avanti R2. Thanks...Mike

Mike
    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Yes........

Comment

To: Silverplate,---- I always thought that filter setup was only used on the R-1 and R-2 Larks and Hawks. Sure looks 'right' on Your car though.

Comment

The Repair Manual doesn't show a glass bowl filter.
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

My 64 R1 came with the glass bowl

Denny L

Comment

At the risk of being accused of hi-jacking a thread, I have a very closely related question. My 232 has a top mounted fuel pump with a built in glass fuel bowl before it, all hanging off of the oil filler neck on the top, front of the motor.

Is that glass bowl just a separator, or is there supposed to be a fliter screen or something inside of that?

I have a manual, but it is a truck manual for the 3e - 8e and they never came with the 232 and I dont see any fuel pump/separator set up in the manual or parts book.
            Sorry if this is a hi-jack, I just thought why start a new thread for a simple Q&A...

PS: Mike Jones, that motor is beautiful. A piece of art. Down to the tag on the water can. If that bowl is not original, and it does not get any point deduction at a show....leave it, I love it. JMHO

Comment

Mr. Jones...

In the future, please detail your engine compartment before posting pics.

<GGG>

SWEET!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
              X