• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty TV - Features Avanti

http://www.hagerty.com/classic-car-a...aign=Episode22
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Hagerty Classic Car TV / 1963 Avanti clip

Here's this week's Hagerty Classic Car TV episode. It is eight minutes long.

The first four minutes are sort of Studebaker-related in that they interview famous race car driver Phil Hill's son about an original 1918 Packard and a 1930(?) Pierce-Arrow, two cars Phil had owned forever.

At four minutes they break into Segment 2 and drive a 1963 Avanti, offering advice to would-be Avanti owners. Once you get past the ridiculous ultra-wide whitewalls on the subject gold 1963 R1/4-speed Avanti, the balance of the presentation is accurate and complimentary to Studebaker and the Avanti:

http://www.hagerty.com/classic-car-articles-resources/Video/Hagerty-Classic-Car-TV?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=HCCTV&utm_campa ign=Episode22
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jeff,

Thanks the video reference .... also thanks for driving me mad with anticipation waiting for mine to receive its finishing touches
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Jeff was posting this at the same time I was preparing my description of the event to post.

Sorry for the unintentional duplication; I don't see any way to delete mine. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Bob P, your post is here now. No need for it to go to deleteland.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
            Hey Bob P, your post is here now. No need for it to go to deleteland.
            Thanks for the move, Bob; much appreciated. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Who on earth would install tires like that on an Avanti? I couldn't stand looking at what is probably a nice car.

Comment

Working...
              X