Speaking of good vendors..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of good vendors..

I just got my Avanti valve covers from Jerry Forrester today- simply beautiful. Now I need to go buy some white cotton gloves so I can handle them.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Had some Avanti pieces done by Jerry last year, NICE!!!!!
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Jerry has my Wagonaire roof rack now and several other Wagonaire parts for plating. He does EXCELLENT work at reasonable prices (a hard combo to find). Pot metal is easy to ruin in the plating process, but Jerry knows what he is doing and does it right. He did ALL the plating on the Kart Hauler...

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Mr Steinkamp,
        So did Jerry do your bumpers then as well? They look better in the pictures than comparable steel plating I've seen of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ51 View Post
          Mr Steinkamp,
          So did Jerry do your bumpers then as well? They look better in the pictures than comparable steel plating I've seen of late.
          Yes...all the chrome on this car was redone by Jerry. All "show quality".
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'm driving over to Jerry's shop later to drop off some stainless and Avanti chrome for Paul Johnson. I hope his head isn't so big that I can't fit in the door.

Comment

Mr. Steinkamp,

For my enjoyment, would you mind posting more photos of your car or direct me to a photo album? These photos look great but I would like to see the entire car.

Comment

I picked up a set of chrome valve covers at York that Jerry did for me. The price was very good but the workmanship and quality was excellent. Now if somebody rechromed Avanti Breather caps that actually fit the breather tubes....... that's another story.

Peter Sant
                KOOL R2

Comment

Just sent my R1 valve covers and valley cover off to Jerry. Boxing up the Avanti front bumper and end pieces this weekend to ship off. Everybody has good things to say about Forrester's Chrome, can't wait to get my valve covers and valley cover back! My "cheap Avanti" is starting not to be so cheap, lol! David

Comment

Originally posted by Baker54 View Post
                    For my enjoyment, would you mind posting more photos of your car or direct me to a photo album? These photos look great but I would like to see the entire car.
                    Check this out!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice, I remember it now. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KOOL R2 View Post
                        I picked up a set of chrome valve covers at York that Jerry did for me. The price was very good but the workmanship and quality was excellent. Now if somebody rechromed Avanti Breather caps that actually fit the breather tubes....... that's another story.

Peter Sant
                        KOOL R2
                        OK How do you get the breather caps to fit? Seeing this post I went out and tried a NOS chrome breather cap on my beautiful valve covers- no joy!
                        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

what is the contact for jerry thanks speycaster

Comment

what i the best way to ship bumpers to jerry ups or what i never have done this on a large item thanks

Comment

shipping bumpers

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
                              what is the best way to ship bumpers to jerry ups or what i never have done this on a large item thanks
                              speycaster

Comment

Working...
                              X