Abandoned Vintage Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Vintage Vehicles

Abandoned Vintage Vehicles Found on Public Lands.
    Coupla Studes in here.............
    http://www.amosauto.com/Articles/Cla...UAHRAOLc.email

Well, at least I found my grandfathers stolen car back.

Sad sight, Beautiful pictures.
    The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

I've seen these before, Dwain, but thanks for the refresher.

I've previously studied Image #7 extensively, thinking the car was a '61 Lark and not the '60 as identified, due to what you can see of the rear door's shape. I suppose I'd have to "go" with '60, though, for a final answer.

Interesting, to be sure. (That's quite a story about the 1950 Dodge deck lid cutting the guy's hand. Yipes!)

Thanks again, Dwain. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looking at the passenger side inner fender (under hood climatizer) and the trim holes on the drivers side, I'd say it is a 59 or 60 and not a 61.

Nick

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        I've seen these before, Dwain, but thanks for the refresher.

I've previously studied Image #7 extensively, thinking the car was a '61 Lark and not the '60 as identified, due to what you can see of the rear door's shape. I suppose I'd have to "go" with '60, though, for a final answer.

Interesting, to be sure. (That's quite a story about the 1950 Dodge deck lid cutting the guy's hand. Yipes!)

Thanks again, Dwain. BP

Comment

I'll take the author's word for it being a '60 as he read the body tag or 'cowl plate', as he calls it. Since the first two digits clearly denote the year, and he also calls it a 'Deluxe',, which the cowl plate would also determine, therefore, he must have some

Comment

Yep; agreed, as I said.

The way that tree is positioned blocking the rear door frame kinda makes it look like it might be a '61 on first glance. I finally concluded it was a '60, too; the trim holes are just too close to the side definition crease to be a '61, among other things.
            ]
            Neat site. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Interesting that these cars are in Arkansas. I can bet that if they have been resting in the weeds very many years that they are very rusty anywhere water gathers. The vehicles on the hillsides would be very hard to get to. Retrieving any parts would be a challenge.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X