Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great progress. Keep up the good work and keep the pics and info coming.
    Cheers, Bill

Comment

• I'm a brand new member - I just inherited my mother's first car, a 1955 Commander Coupe and will be restoring it. I look forward to counting on the experiences and expertise of all of you, so thank you in advance!

Comment

• Welcome Martin (Marmarbad) to the SDC and to the SDC Forum!

There are many neat places to go from the Home Page, and you can keep us up to date on your progress, ask for help needed from those that have been there, done that, Parts needed etc. on the General Topics and Technical Topics Forums.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 07-28-2019, 07:15 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapid View Post
          Stop by this forum often to keep my motivation up. A couple of years ago I bought a 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk./Cut/

Ron, you have a Personal Message (PM) you can read when logged in, there is a Link at the Top of the Page.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 07-28-2019, 07:17 PM.
          StudeRich

Comment

• Recently acquired 47 M16

I have recently acquired a 47 M-16 truck. I plan on body swapping it to a later model diesel and making a car hauler out of it. Looking forward to learning more about it

Comment

• I was a member from 2008-10 when I had a '50 Champion and rejoined yesterday since I bought a '49 2R5 pickup last week. It's great to be back....
              Attached Files
              1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

• HELLO, Capt Red Beard The car sounds like it will fun when you get driving! About your power steering pump, check on a source called "The Rebuild Factory" It is in Oxnard, CA I had them rebuild my Power steering on my 55 Dodge.

Good Luck, Have Fun!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	21F2FA2B-3723-4FFB-A4AB-2EDE211742DA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1729203Okay, I’m in. I couldn’t wait. I found a car locally that sat for 30+ years. A couple of guys picked up the car and put in a battery, changed the fluids and rebuilt the brake hydraulics. Now it’s my turn to go over the car and drive! I know it neeeeds tires. What modern size is recommended? It’s a 1952 Champion 12G-W3 with 17K miles showing. I have no reason to think it’s not correct.

Comment

• Hey. Just joined the club as i have just recently purchased a 1962 Hawk GT. When I woke up this morning, I did not have the intention of buying a car. As it turns out, I couldn't help but buying the car. It was my grandfather's car(Howard North) that has been in the Pioneer Auto Museum in Murdo, SD since 1792. They pulled it out and put it up for sale since, as David Geilser put it, "we just have too many cars." I paid full retail price and loved every second of it. Granpa purchased it from a studebaker dealer in Kadoka, SD as a 'demo unit. My aunt Carol said she drove it all through high school. Aunt Rita, backed it into my other granpa Buster's rolls royce (can't wait to hear the rest of that story). As i was vacuuming it out, I realized that I am probably picking up dirt that I put down as a kid. This thing looks as if I could put gas in it and go! I took some numbers off of it and am looking forward to the research. To start. here are the numbers... under the hood b2V-Kb 6993. Inside driver's door: 62V-32127 (i dont know if the 1 is the number 1 or the letter I)...engine P91179. Another big question I have; what I would consider the ground is red, and the hot(going to a solenoid) is black. Is that normal? Regards, Foster

Comment

• The colors don't matter. I have a car with the colors reversed because the length was right at the time. I intend to change mine eventually just to keep someone from hooking them up wrong.
                      I may have seen your car in the museum at some time. I lived in both Aberdeen and Belle Fourche tn the 80s.
                      Enjoy your 62. I had one for several years.
                      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	larkAtVillageAuto.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1729390

I'm excited to be a new member here! And surprised....

I rolled through my small town Village Auto garage on my eBike last week to see what crazy Wes might have - he buys and sells compromised cars, wrecks, and the occasional low-grade classic. And there was something I had not seen in a very long time.

My first car was a '64 Lark, which my father got me in '69 for my senior year in high school. Not a cool car, of course, didn't really know much about it except that the clutch slipped. The car on Wes' lot looked much more distinctive - a '63. Wes was forced to take it as part of a deal for a spare engine for his GTO.

My siblings had their turn in this car as well. They told me I had to buy it, so I did. Today I bought a welder and a tank of MIG gas. I have other old vehicles that have taught me mechanical skills (changed the clutch on '78 Unimog recently), but metal work will be new. Being a retired metallurgist will not help much. My wife wants to learn upholstery. The other old cars are running well, so the lift is available for the winter.

I'll get it to go and stop, and close off the Flintstone stuff. Nancy will make the inside more ... sanitary. It may never be pretty, but we'll save it and have some fun doing it.

Curt Austin

P.S.: Need tail lights...
                        1963 Lark sedan 6-Cyl Automatic

Comment

• Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Curt!

You will find lots of helpful people here, it may be a little slower than usual here because our 55th. Annual SDC International Meet starts in 2 days, Sept. 11, thru the 14, in Mansfield Ohio.

All of the Studebaker Parts you will need for your '63 Lark Regal 4 Door Sedan, can be found here:
                          http://studebakervendors.com

Nice Lark, it "appears" to be an OHV Six, 170 c.i.d. by the Lark Bird Grille Emblem.
                          Last edited by StudeRich; 09-09-2019, 09:00 PM.
                          StudeRich

Comment

• Originally posted by Adk46 View Post
                            I'll get it to go and stop, and close off the Flintstone stuff. Nancy will make the inside more ... sanitary. It may never be pretty, but we'll save it and have some fun doing it.
                            Curt, welcome from a fellow '63 owner! We are kind of the dark horses of the Lark universe You will have fun working on your new ride, I think. Looks like you have a solid Regal model there. V8 or OHV 6?

Originally posted by Adk46 View Post
                            P.S.: Need tail lights...
                            You can order 'em online from many Studebaker vendors. See the link at the top of the Sale / Want / Found Cars board for a web page with a listing of many. Chuck Collins of Studebakerparts.com manufactures these lenses; you can get them individually or by the set for a reasonable price - as well as the lamp housings and gaskets if you need them (and you might!)

Welcome to the Forum!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcome. My car has the six. Automatic. Arrived as a non-mover. I should start a thread to cover this project, and solicit advice. But we've already taken apart the rear seat and we're preparing to re-upholster them - practice for doing the front seat. Removed the gas tank, got the sender unit going (DeoxIT), put it back in, new soft fuel lines. Almost runs, but now have the carburetor apart (float definitely maladjusted) , ordered spark plugs, etc. Gotta order floor pans. I'm nervous about repairing the area at the front base of the left opening. There's a guy across the lake I might ask to do the tricky bits.

So, everyone's gone to Mansfield? I used to go there for other reasons in the 1990's . I run a gathering myself for Porsche 928 owners here in northern New York, in the Adirondack Mountains. There's nothing like car people! I'm a small, opportunistic collector - most similar to the Lark is a Bugeye Sprite. Not that similar, I guess, but reasonably simple compared to German over-engineering, thank goodness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	floatBowl.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1802143
                              1963 Lark sedan 6-Cyl Automatic

Comment

• Originally posted by foster View Post
                                /Cut/To start. here are the numbers... under the hood b2V-Kb 6993. Inside driver's door: 62V-32127 (i dont know if the 1 is the number 1 or the letter I)...engine P91179. Another big question I have; what I would consider the ground is red, and the hot(going to a solenoid) is black. Is that normal? Regards, Foster
                                Welcome Foster to the SDC and to the SDC Forum, you can Join the Club from our Home Page.
                                Your Serial Number that SHOULD be on your Title is actually 62V-32127 because Studebaker stamped 1's as "I 's", and it is a Sequential NUMBER of all V8 1962 Studes. Larks & Hawks built for that Year Model.

The Plate on the Firewall is the Body Tag, it only I.D.'s it as a '62 Hawk and within that Hawk Body Type: 62V-K6 it is Body #6993 the 6993rd. BODY built on the Body Line.
                                There is no connection as to which Body went onto which Frame, so the Serial & Body Numbers are not in sequence.

Yes, the 6's and 9's are shaped similar to a "b".
                                The "P" as first digit on the Engine Number indicates a 289 c.i.d. Engine, Standard in all U.S. built GT Hawks.

You can Order/Purchase your Production Order using it's Serial Number to get ALL the details like; where delivered to, date ordered, date built, original Key Numbers, Equipment and Accessories, Interior and Exterior Colors etc.

The Studebaker National Museum in South Bend, IN has these at:

https://www.studebakermuseum.org/sto...duction-orders
                                Dive into the history of your vehicle with a Studebaker production order. Learn more about your vehicle's original configuration so that your restoration projects proceeds in perfect order!
                                StudeRich

Comment

Working...
                                X