Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what can I say....I am fresh meat to the whole Stude world. Blessed with a good wife that bought me a 1941 Champion Custom Deluxe for Christmas. I retired from the military in October and commenced to drive her nuts. Car was meant to keep me occupied and out of her hair, now it has become a family affair. Thank you for the welcome and look forward to learning all I can while completing my Off-Frame Restoration of my new old baby.

John
    Fresh Meat

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, guys!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        From the photos, it appears to be a '57, going by the grille and the 15" wheels.

Craig
        Hi Craig.
        here are the numbers:

57Hk7 1062 under hood

PS2163 on engine

6101131 under door hinge

i'll post pictures of the car i did pick up,which was not the same anymore as the one on the "before pictures"....

Comment

dream on...

here 's what i got...
          so far: the engine seems to have been rebuilt,but was it done the right way???
          the blower is shot: there was water inside it
          the upholstery has been done using low cost material is good for a total replacement
          brakes are non existent
          some chrome parts are missing on the front end
          etc...
          body is ok.
          MS
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE DRUNKSKUNK View Post
            Hi Craig.
            here are the numbers:

57Hk7 1062 under hood

PS2163 on engine

6101131 under door hinge
            It is worth spending the $25.00 USD to order the build sheet for your car from the Studebaker National Museum. That tells you a lot about your car, and where it was sold new.

Craig

Comment

Dave,

I'm in Owasso.

Mike
              1950 Champion Sedan - Kid Car

Comment

I'm also one of the newbies you are referring to. I recently bought my 1955 Commander Sedan with Ultra-Vista windshield. This car runs so good that people have started to ask me what happened to my other classic car (1958 Plymouth Fury) because they always see me driving the Studebaker. Unlike the Plymouth which has power steering and brakes, the Stude has none of these amenities but it's still such a joy to drive. This is my first Studebaker and has truly made me a believer of the quality and durability of these cars. I hope to add more Studebakers to my stable as time and money allows.

Comment

Guess it's time to say hello. Name is Robert, I live in the Salt Lake City area. I recently bought a 61 Lark VI which runs great but looks not so great. Working on getting it into the paint shop soon!! This is my first Stude and I must say I am happily surprised about all the online resources for these wonderful cars. Only thing I'm having a hard time finding is a front parking brake cable, other than that, getting all the parts needed to get this car looking and running good again has been a breeze! My 5 and 7 year old daughters absolutely love the car and hit me up for a ride almost every day!

I'm hoping to make it out to Colorado Springs next year to mingle with other Studebaker lovers, as well as enjoy all the fantastic cars!

Comment

Hey Robert, and welcome to the Forum! Looks aren't everything (as my wife affectionately tells me ) - what matters is that it runs and stops! Sounds like you've already got the hard part done.

Re: the cable, there are lots of StudeVendors to help you out. Check here: http://www.studebakervendors.com/ ... or maybe someone here will have a lead on that cable.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Newbie here, hello all

have a 1960 Hawk I'm restoring.

Comment

which Stud model is this?
                        was it sold in the usa?

Comment

Adolph, welcome to the Forum. I don't see a photo - did you mean to post one?

If you're asking whether Haws were sold in the US, absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by therob View Post
                            Only thing I'm having a hard time finding is a front parking brake cable,
                            Robert, PM sent.
                            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by therob View Post
                              front parking brake cable,
                              Try George Martin; makes the cable you need.
                              1510 King St.
                              Lebanon, PA 17042
                              (717) 273-9502
                              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Studebaker was long gone by the time I was born, and I had never even seen one until 2009 when my Grandmother-in-law was looking to sell hers. We were visiting her in Missouri and I went out to the garage just to look at it and when I opened the door it just took my breath away. I remember my heart pounding and all I could think was "I can't let her sell this to anybody but me!". I guess you could say it was love at first sight. She was so thrilled that I was excited about it that she sold it to me for $1. She was still driving it at the age of 86, I honor her by naming it "Dorothy" or "Dot" after her. She will be coming to visit in two weeks. That means I need to get the detailing done soon! I know she will want to ride in it.
                                sigpic
                                1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Working...
                                X