This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,SDC people.
    I have been a member myself ,in the 90ies ...
    At the time,i bought a 1963 GTHawk,in Escondido (southern ca.) and brought it back to France.
    Last week i found and bought a Golden Hawk ,vin : G10 11 31.
    The car was sold without any documentation,but it may have been sold new in France at the time.
    Could someone help me to trace it ,from its vin numbers?
    Thank you for your attention.
    Michel Resdi aka the french skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE DRUNKSKUNK View Post
      Hi,SDC people.
      I have been a member myself ,in the 90ies ...
      At the time,i bought a 1963 GTHawk,in Escondido (southern ca.) and brought it back to France.
      Last week i found and bought a Golden Hawk ,vin : G10 11 31.
      The car was sold without any documentation,but it may have been sold new in France at the time.
      Could someone help me to trace it ,from its vin numbers?
      Thank you for your attention.
      Michel Resdi aka the french skunk.
      Hello, and a big "Bienvenue!" to this Forum! Its great to see Studebaker owners from all around the world here. There are at least two others who are also from France:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=autoretro

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=bienvenue

Craig

Comment

Hi ,Craig .
        and thank you for the grand "welcome".
        the Skunk.

Comment

57 golden hawk id required

g101131 says the importer's plate...
          so is it a 57 or 58?

i will have it delivered next week for more numbers to cross...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE DRUNKSKUNK View Post
            so is it a 57 or 58?
            From the photos, it appears to be a '57, going by the grille and the 15" wheels.

Craig

Comment

Hey all. New Stude owner here. I've just acquired a '51 Starlight Coupe that has a few issues but I'm getting them sorted out. It does not have all of its original parts as it is a street rod. Hopefully the picture works.
              Attached Files

Comment

Gryphon, welcome to the Forum! That's a beautiful ride - nicely done. What's under the hood?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

showbizkid,

Thanks for the welcome. It has a 350 sbc in it with a 350 trans, power steering and power brakes. It is sub framed with an S-10 front and rear with 3.42:1 gear ratio.

It looks pretty on the outside (and the engine sounds wonderful!) but it was a bit ugly under neath. And those ugly issues I'm having to correct is that the drive shaft angle was way off, thus causing serious vibration. Plus I had to get a custom drive shaft made as the one that was in it was a bit too short. Yikes. The last thing to be done is to clean up the welds on the front and rear as they were a bit on the crude side. That should be done here in about a week. With that it will be good to go for a daily driver.

Comment

Last week I had two guys call me that had just purchased their first Studebaker. They are both in upstate New York. What might be considered a negative is that neither is young. As a positive, I am always glad to see someone new come into the fold rather than just trading between us. I gave them what information that I could and directed them to SDC, their local SDC Chapter and this Forum.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gryphon, sounds like you have a real "goer" there! I'll bet it's a fun drive.

We had someone post a couple of weeks back - I forget who - about a too-short driveshaft, where the front yoke fell out of the slip joint and embedded itself in a field. Not something you want to have happen at speed!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi All,

Mike here with a 50 Champion. This will be my youngest's first car - her sister drives a 53 Chevy truck. The Champ has a 59 engine, newer interior, and fresh but sketchy paint. The car is very solid and hasn't been messed with too much. I've replaced window tracks, lubed door latches, rebuilt the carb, and attended to other minor stuff. Getting ready to replace the wiring and change to 12v negative ground and upgrade brakes to front disc/split system. All that with a good lube job and seatbelts/shoulder harnesses and we'll be set for a while. Oops - almost forgot the all-important stereo! Here's a little something I learned with our oldest. Poor thing, her first car was a Dodge Colt. Even though we had the obligatory oil or temp light talk, she drove the car til it quit after the oil light illuminated. After fixing the car I added a feature that was fine-tuned to the mind of a teenager. If either the oil or temp light came on the new system would first kill power to the stereo, then activate a VERY annoying beeper/buzzer. It worked.
                        I look forward to making some friends and tapping into the wealth of knowledge here. Hopefully, I can help out someone else, too!

Mike
                        1950 Champion Sedan - Kid Car

Comment

Mike - welcome to the place! Glad to have another new Stude owner here. We are really loving the younger members driving these cars! How old is your youngest girl?

That stereo interrupt feature is priceless You oughta patent that

Comment

My little one just turned 16 and this museum piece is what she wants to drive. Fine with me!

Mike
                            1950 Champion Sedan - Kid Car

Comment

Where in Oklahoma are you, Mike?
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Stude-Stalker

Hello out there....Not an owner yet...more of a Stude-Stalker.....Short story, was looking for a flat bed for a work truck, not a full time gig, just something convenient. Tired of having to borrow or worse yet rent a bigger truck. Saw a sweet mid 50's flat bed, that looked real good, but I didn't know enough about them at the time to make the RIGHT decision....passed it up, and now am regretting it. So, since I have some time to learn and worship the wonder of South Bend....I'm planning on going to South Bend this year, and dive into the pride of Indiana. What I am casually looking for is a nice solid truck, flat bed with at least a 12 foot bed....saw one with a hydro dump....that would be perfect. Not sitting on a pile of cash, and the mason jars are just full of coins now....so I'm not in a hurry, but I have some long term projects that the truck of my dreams will be useful for. Next two years or so I would like to be an owner. Looking thru threads now, for trucks, Champions and trains....Anyone out there have pictures of the Studebaker Rail equipment? I have a few I could share but not sure where it would fit in.

Comment

Working...
                                X