Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting you mention that Mike! Locally, we too have had at least five new members who have never owned a Studebaker before join our chaper and SDC within the past year. We have not seen this influx of new members join probably since the 1980's, and is WELCOME news indeed!

Craig

Comment

Discussion of SDC and Forum membership numbers has been moved to its own thread. Let's keep this thread as a place for new folks to say "hi!", and to welcome them!
      Last edited by showbizkid; 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

60 Lark Covertible out of the garage after 33 years

First Post

Finally rolled the 60 Lark Convert out of the garage. My wife's dad was the sale manager at LE Belcourt Studebaker/Renault dealership up on Capital Hill in Seattle. He gave her the car in 65'. We drove it about 45,000 miles (total on OD is 72,000). Before rejoining the SDC and reading the forum, I was planning on going to a 350/400. After reading many post on the engine subject, I decided to keep the 259 and Flightomatic. The 259 has now been rebuilt, including heads. Mike, in Ferndale, is working on the things I didn't want to tackle (Suspension (Moogs/Gabriels), Tranny, Dana 27 to 44, Turner front kit w/dual MC, etc.). I really appreciate all of the great info shared on the forum...Thanks much to all!!

One question today: I want to install American Racing Torq Thrust II wheels 15x6 (6" setback : 2 3/4" frontspace, 3 1/4" backspace) with 205 70 15 radials...Will they fit/work??

Thanks again...Phil

Comment

Thanks for posting, Phil! That is a great story - I hope we can see pics of your Lark too!

I can't tell you about the Torq Thrust D specifically, but I have 15x6 Cragar S/S' on my car, with 225/70/R15 Cooper Cobras on the back. They fit and look good - but it's tight. If the PO hadn't rolled the fender lip for clearance, they probably wouldnt!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

60 Lark Covertible out of the garage after 33 years

First Post

Finally rolled the 60 Lark Convert out of the garage. My wife's dad was the sale manager at LE Belcourt Studebaker/Renault dealership up on Capital Hill in Seattle. He gave her the car in 65'. We drove it about 45,000 miles (total on OD is 72,000). Before rejoining the SDC and reading the forum, I was planning on going to a 350/400. After reading many post on the engine subject, I decided to keep the 259 and Flightomatic. The 259 has now been rebuilt, including heads. Mike, in Ferndale, is working on the things I didn't want to tackle (Suspension (Moogs/Gabriels), Tranny, Dana 27 to 44, Turner front kit w/dual MC, etc.). I really appreciate all of the great info shared on the forum...Thanks much to all!!

One question today: I want to install American Racing Torq Thrust II wheels 15x6 (6" setback : 2 3/4" frontspace, 3 1/4" backspace) with 205 70 15 radials...Will they fit/work??

Thanks again...Phil

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and the Forum Phil

Glad to see you on the Forum Phil, it was nice meeting you and I always love to hear these great Stude. History stories of the Family connections to our wonderful Cars.

Mike is moving right along with your nice Convertible, the new Moog front springs are in, "A" Arms rebushed, Upper outer pins replaced, king pin replaced and frame detailed, you won't recognize it if you come up this weekend.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I just join this forum . I live in Little Rock, AR. I'm walking out the door to go pull the wheels off of a '57 Stude Transtar. Its hidden in the woods and trees will have to be cut to get it out. Pics to follow.

Comment

New to the forum and to Stude ownership. I just bought a 56 Power Hawk. I have belonged to other classic car forums and owned classic cars on and off for the past 40+ years. I have been into restoration for about the past 10. I'm still trying to get the hang of the search engine here so no posts yet. Will soon.

Rog
                  As you walk down the fairway of life you must
                  smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.

Ben Hogan

Comment

Ann-Margret...one classy lady...and her namesake looks like one classy Stude. Those deepdish wire wheels are perfect on this car.

S.

Comment

Got my first call for an impromtu cruise in today...small town & only a few cars, but it was fun!

Comment

My first car was an almost new 1950 Champion. A few used Studebakers followed. Now since I am old and foolish I just bought a 1964 Avanti R2. Solid Gold...

Interest comes naturally since I grew up in South Bend during Studebaker production years. Friends worked summers at the factory. I worked at the brewery.

I've written an epitaph for Sherwood Egbert that I'd be happy to share. Dave Pyle • dap8@comcast.net

Comment

Been trying to get a profile picture uploaded...checking progress...Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Marie Mac View Post
                            Been trying to get a profile picture uploaded...checking progress...Marie
                            OK...'If at first you don't succeed..........'

Comment

I'm new and don't own a Studebaker but my Father just bought a 1948 M5 that we are going to try and get running again. So far we haven't been able to bring it home to work on it. Went to put new tires on it only to find out one wheel is bent. May end up using it until we can find another one. Can anyone tell me if Eddie Parmer is still selling parts?

Comment

Welcome to the Forum James.
                                Good to see another M series fan in our midst.
                                There is a lot of great information here.
                                And Marie....keep working on that profile photo.
                                Good Roads
                                Brian
                                Brian Woods
                                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                                X