Nice to meet you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to meet you

I'm Matthew's Mom - It's taken a good week to recover from from our family bondage, I mean bonding, trip to South Bend. I wanted to say "thanks" to the many, many people I met who are in the forum with Matthew. Some very wonderful gentlemen who made the boy's trip the highlight of his few years of life. I'm not sure who had a better time, Matthew (mbstude) or his grandad (rockinhawk), but it's been pointed out that at one time, when Matthew, myself and my dad were all together in the front seat of the orange truck making laps around the proving grounds, that several pictures did not make it due to the glare of my teeth - I was grinning! I kept thinking how cool, 3 generations in one Stude, sharing the moment....then I got elbowed on both sides as my companions were trying to drive, wave and get the "best" shot. Thanks to all of you who made this adventure a great one.

Rebekah Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Ga
    Matthew's Mom

You're quite welcome!!! It was beyond great to see you guys again- it'd been way too long. I hope to have my pictures (all FIVE rolls) back today, and will forward the several I took of you guys havin' fun on the test track...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

You're quite welcome!!! It was beyond great to see you guys again- it'd been way too long. I hope to have my pictures (all FIVE rolls) back today, and will forward the several I took of you guys havin' fun on the test track...

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
      '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

It was [u]My Pleasure</u> meeting you and Sabrina and the whole family. I have always enjoyed Matthew's posts, but I found him even more interesting in person. He is a real asset to the future of our club.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

It was [u]My Pleasure</u> meeting you and Sabrina and the whole family. I have always enjoyed Matthew's posts, but I found him even more interesting in person. He is a real asset to the future of our club.

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I don't attend the meets so much to see the cars, I've seen enough Studebaker's over the years. The cars are a part of it, so is the flea market, but the main reason for me is seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

JDP/Maryland
            64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
            63 GT R2
            63 Lark 2 door
            62 Gt Hawk
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Lark HT-60Hawk
            59 3E truck
            58 Starlight
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I don't attend the meets so much to see the cars, I've seen enough Studebaker's over the years. The cars are a part of it, so is the flea market, but the main reason for me is seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

JDP/Maryland
              64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
              63 GT R2
              63 Lark 2 door
              62 Gt Hawk
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Lark HT-60Hawk
              59 3E truck
              58 Starlight
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

But what about poor Sabrina, who had to tag along not knowing anyone and did not get the rock star reception afforded her older brother? I only hope that she is an active member of the Barbi forum and young Matthew has to tag along to their convention!!! [8][}]

By the way, I did make it a point to call out to her as Dick Steinkamp and I were doing the parade on Thursday.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

But what about poor Sabrina, who had to tag along not knowing anyone and did not get the rock star reception afforded her older brother? I only hope that she is an active member of the Barbi forum and young Matthew has to tag along to their convention!!! [8][}]

By the way, I did make it a point to call out to her as Dick Steinkamp and I were doing the parade on Thursday.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

That was you! She was so excited that she was recognized! She didn't even mind being called "Matthew's sister" - she went by a few names - aliases you know, just in case someone might know her. She's outgrown the barbie phase, but has her own summer camp at the beach that we are NOT allowed to go on with her. She was a pretty good sport and likes the Studes more that she'll admit - or likes the boys they attract anyway. I figure if we keep her around car shows enough we'll maybe merge with another family with a bigger stock pile than us! Then, we'll continue to build our Studebaker empire! One highlight was a lady who overheard us talking and said, "I take it by your accent you're from the South?" Sabrina looked at me and said, "mama, we have an an ack-sint?" She had no clue! She thought everybody in South Bend did!

Rebekah

Comment

That was you! She was so excited that she was recognized! She didn't even mind being called "Matthew's sister" - she went by a few names - aliases you know, just in case someone might know her. She's outgrown the barbie phase, but has her own summer camp at the beach that we are NOT allowed to go on with her. She was a pretty good sport and likes the Studes more that she'll admit - or likes the boys they attract anyway. I figure if we keep her around car shows enough we'll maybe merge with another family with a bigger stock pile than us! Then, we'll continue to build our Studebaker empire! One highlight was a lady who overheard us talking and said, "I take it by your accent you're from the South?" Sabrina looked at me and said, "mama, we have an an ack-sint?" She had no clue! She thought everybody in South Bend did!

Rebekah

Comment

I thought it was neat that I got to meet the whole extended Burnette family on Thursday at Matt's truck, like JDP said, for me it is as much or more about the people than the cars.

Frank van Doorn
                        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                        1963 Daytona Conv
                        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I thought it was neat that I got to meet the whole extended Burnette family on Thursday at Matt's truck, like JDP said, for me it is as much or more about the people than the cars.

Frank van Doorn
                          1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                          1963 Daytona Conv
                          1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I can do no better than to echo what 41Frank just said. Matthew was pretty much as I (we) had surmized from his time on the forum here. It would've been a big shock if the rest of the family wasn't just as nice!

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I can do no better than to echo what 41Frank just said. Matthew was pretty much as I (we) had surmized from his time on the forum here. It would've been a big shock if the rest of the family wasn't just as nice!

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X