Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8e5 wheel size

Is the wheel bolt pattern the same on the lark as a 1963 Champ 1/2 ton

NO, 1951 to 1966 Cars have 5 on 4 1/2 inch center Lug holes. 1/2 Ton Trucks are 5 on 4 3/4 inch center wheels.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

1/2 ton trucks are 5 inch bolt circle, not 4-3/4 inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
        1/2 ton trucks are 5 inch bolt circle, not 4-3/4 inch.
        Yeah, what he said, 5 on 5, not 4-3/4.
        JS
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

To make a long story short.I live in North Dakota,I bought a not running 1963 Champ pickup out of Pearce,AZ. I'm in the process of having it shipped to North Dakota.It needs two rear wheels and tires to make it a roller. My cousin is driving the 80 + miles from Tucson with the wheel and tires, we needed to know the right bolt pattern.My cousin called me this morning saying he found the right wheels 5 on 5. Thanks to the Studebaker forum for the info.

I'm back working on my wife's 1959 lark, updates and pics coming soon.We will have His and Hers Studebakers.

Thanks again for the help, Will

Comment

Originally posted by 59 lark View Post
            To make a long story short.I live in North Dakota,I bought a not running 1963 Champ pickup out of Pearce,AZ. I'm in the process of having it shipped to North Dakota.It needs two rear wheels and tires to make it a roller. My cousin is driving the 80 + miles from Tucson with the wheel and tires, we needed to know the right bolt pattern.My cousin called me this morning saying he found the right wheels 5 on 5. Thanks to the Studebaker forum for the info.

I'm back working on my wife's 1959 lark, updates and pics coming soon.We will have His and Hers Studebakers.

Welcome back Will, nice catch on the Champ! After 40+ years of driving and owning more Studes than I can count, my wife and my his and her Studes are a 62 Champ and a 59 Lark 2dr wagon.
            Jim
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0483.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1672274Champ on its way home to North Dakota

Comment

I assume then they are on the truck? Good! often the 5 x 5 wheels found don't have a big enough center hole.

Originally posted by 59 lark View Post

Ron Dame
                '63 Champ

Comment

A little caution here: just getting some wheels with a 5x5 bolt pattern is not enough on Stude half-ton trucks. As mentioned above, the center hole needs to be big enough to go over the hub. Next, the wheel centers needs to sit flat against the hub and not contact the raised "bead" that runs around the drum about halfway out. If there is interference, the nuts won't go on and/or the wheels will be wobbly because they aren't seated correctly. Only a few wheels fit thse two conditions. Try to find some Studebaker truck wheels - ask over at the Stude Truck Talk site for some near your cousin in Tucson.
                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

True Gary, to be more than a roller. It looks like he was only working towards a roller for the moment, but maybe not for real use.

Originally posted by garyash View Post
                    A little caution here: just getting some wheels with a 5x5 bolt pattern is not enough on Stude half-ton trucks. As mentioned above, the center hole needs to be big enough to go over the hub. Next, the wheel centers needs to sit flat against the hub and not contact the raised "bead" that runs around the drum about halfway out. If there is interference, the nuts won't go on and/or the wheels will be wobbly because they aren't seated correctly. Only a few wheels fit thse two conditions. Try to find some Studebaker truck wheels - ask over at the Stude Truck Talk site for some near your cousin in Tucson.
                    Ron Dame
                    '63 Champ

Comment

I just needed wheels for a roller.Looks like the aftermarket wheels on the back are not touching the stud ring.The Champ is here setting behind my shop.Will be posting new pic soon. Having troubles with posting from photobucket.

Comment

Here a under hood pic of my Champ.Pack Rats did this, took me 4 hrs to clear this mess up because of all the Cactus pieces.Click image for larger version

Name:	Canon 1 C03.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1672351Click image for larger version

Name:	Canon 1 C17.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1672352

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          NO, 1951 to 1966 Cars have 5 on 4 1/2 inch center Lug holes. 1/2 Ton Trucks are 5 on 4 3/4 inch center wheels.

He is back!!! welcome Richard we missed you. hope you are a lot better.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

What engine is that?

Comment

A 4 banger...odd. I liked the cactus look. Had a real southwest feel...lol Cool find.

Comment

Working...
                              X