11/32" bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/32" bolts?

Years ago, the original Newman & Altman store used to sell fasteners and other hardware by the pound, and I bought ten each of just about all the different items they had in their bins. Most were marked with Stude part numbers, but some were not (or I forgot to write the part number on the bag). I recently ran across one of those bags with "part number unknown" still written on it. The bag contains 10 bolts that are grade 8, 11/32" - 24, one inch long. I can't remember seeing 11/32" diameter bolts before. They obviously had some unique function. Does anyone know what it was/is?
    Skip Lackie

5/16" yes, 3/8" yes, but 11/32".....that really is an oddball bolt size!

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
      Years ago, the original Newman & Altman store used to sell fasteners and other hardware by the pound, and I bought ten each of just about all the different items they had in their bins. Most were marked with Stude part numbers, but some were not (or I forgot to write the part number on the bag). I recently ran across one of those bags with "part number unknown" still written on it. The bag contains 10 bolts that are grade 8, 11/32" - 24, one inch long. I can't remember seeing 11/32" diameter bolts before. They obviously had some unique function. Does anyone know what it was/is?
      Some hardware N&A had were "Mil-Std" hardware bought from Studebaker's Military operation and/or Kaiser Jeep operations in South Bend. Posting a picture of the bolt/screw in question would be most helpful to I.D. it. TIA

Comment

I've never heard of them either, but I did find this listing for Chevy connecting rod bolts.
        http://boxwrench.net/specs/chevy_sb.htm

Comment

What wrench size are these bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexM View Post
            I've never heard of them either, but I did find this listing for Chevy connecting rod bolts.
            http://boxwrench.net/specs/chevy_sb.htm
            Well, I guess that proves that such things exist, anyway (so maybe I'm not crazy). Thanks.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
              What wrench size are these bolts?
              The bolt head is 1/2". Black oxide finish. Very ordinary looking, except for the thread count.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Champion 1938-1950 Connecting Rod Bolt.

Patrick.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. Anyone want them? I don't have a Stude that they fit.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                  X