62 Lark Convertible in April 2012 Hemmings Muscle Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark Convertible in April 2012 Hemmings Muscle Machines

Haven't seen any mention of this article yet. Stock looking conversion to dual four barrel Stude power. Its a very sweet looking car. Also interesting to note that he had all four Studebaker wheels widened to 6". My recent post in the Technical section regarding widening my 62 Lark wheels brought of lot of comments regarding the weakness in Studebaker wheels. Didn't seem to bother this guy. Just sayin'.

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
    Haven't seen any mention of this article yet. Stock looking conversion to dual four barrel Stude power. Its a very sweet looking car. Also interesting to note that he had all four Studebaker wheels widened to 6". My recent post in the Technical section regarding widening my 62 Lark wheels brought of lot of comments regarding the weakness in Studebaker wheels. Didn't seem to bother this guy. Just sayin'.
    Dougie

Thanks for the heads up. That issue was in the stack in my library and is a nice writeup. I like HMCM more than most as their individual car coverage is pretty eclectic and generally in great detail.

Bob
    , ,

Comment

Yes, a nice read and a gorgeous car.

(To confirm, though: All domestic 1962 Daytona convertibles were not V8s and, of course, the original automatic transmission was not a 2-speed!)

I know author Dave LaChance and would have happily reviewed the article for free, but was not asked.

Still, a nice article with good photography. Excellent, positive Studebaker press. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is this the same car they used in the tv show "Pan Am"?? Great looking car & what the owner has done to it.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
        X