TW looking for 300 dpi non-concourse photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW looking for 300 dpi non-concourse photos

If you have South Bend non-concourse photos, at least 300 dpi, please send them to Ann annstude@shaw.ca

She was so busy taking concourse photos, she missed all the rest and needs good photos for August TURNING WHEELS. Please, only 300 dpi or better.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Ann could peruse the many photo albums of the meet posted on this site...she could then download what she wants from most of those sites or contact the poster who could forward her the image.

I'll email that suggestion to her.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Ann could peruse the many photo albums of the meet posted on this site...she could then download what she wants from most of those sites or contact the poster who could forward her the image.

I'll email that suggestion to her.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I already suggested that. Here is her response.
        quote:To be printed in TW, a photo must be 300 ppi. That's 300 pixels per inch. For a photo to be column width, 3.3 inches, it needs to be about 990 pixels wide. That's 3.3 inches at 300 ppi.
        Most photos posted on websites, for ease of viewing them on the web, are about 72 ppi. Any larger, and they are very time consuming to open. Generally when people are posting their photos to a forum or a website, their software reduces the image size to proper (72 approx) resolution for the web, or they do it themselves.
        It would take me many hours and days, searching the various forums and various links, to see if any of the photos are large enough or suitable, contacting the owners to see if they have larger versions of the photos and would like them published in TW, then downloading them. However, I need to finish the August issue of TW, including the ads and articles, AND the September issue of TW before I can complete the October meet report issue and that takes a lot of time too.

It would be more efficient if those people who have good high resolution image files could simply write them to a CD and mail it to me.
        I will view as many as I can on the forum and websites anyway. I'm not saying I am too lazy to search the internet for those photos, just that there are only so many minutes, hours, days and weeks, to complete the work.

Thanks.
        Ann
        Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

I already suggested that. Here is her response.
          quote:To be printed in TW, a photo must be 300 ppi. That's 300 pixels per inch. For a photo to be column width, 3.3 inches, it needs to be about 990 pixels wide. That's 3.3 inches at 300 ppi.
          Most photos posted on websites, for ease of viewing them on the web, are about 72 ppi. Any larger, and they are very time consuming to open. Generally when people are posting their photos to a forum or a website, their software reduces the image size to proper (72 approx) resolution for the web, or they do it themselves.
          It would take me many hours and days, searching the various forums and various links, to see if any of the photos are large enough or suitable, contacting the owners to see if they have larger versions of the photos and would like them published in TW, then downloading them. However, I need to finish the August issue of TW, including the ads and articles, AND the September issue of TW before I can complete the October meet report issue and that takes a lot of time too.

It would be more efficient if those people who have good high resolution image files could simply write them to a CD and mail it to me.
          I will view as many as I can on the forum and websites anyway. I'm not saying I am too lazy to search the internet for those photos, just that there are only so many minutes, hours, days and weeks, to complete the work.

Thanks.
          Ann
          Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

just as a sidebar, since memory is so cheap these days, I've gotten into the habit of taking all my digital photos at highest resolution (not sure what the actual pixel count is, but it's about 6 MP on my new camera,) then resizing them to 800x600 or less if I decide to post them on my web site or on a forum. I figure that way if I get lucky and take an actual good photo then it has a chance of being published just something to think about.

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

just as a sidebar, since memory is so cheap these days, I've gotten into the habit of taking all my digital photos at highest resolution (not sure what the actual pixel count is, but it's about 6 MP on my new camera,) then resizing them to 800x600 or less if I decide to post them on my web site or on a forum. I figure that way if I get lucky and take an actual good photo then it has a chance of being published just something to think about.

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Working...
              X