Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BShaw
    replied
    I forgot about pop-up blocking as a possible source but it makes sense.

Speaking of language deconstructions, I learned long ago to be considerate of such innocent mistakes from my precious Italian mother-in-law (God rest her soul). A few of hers include: "You pulla my arm"; "You drive me up the rock"; and her favorite TV show, "Oprah Winkie".

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    I forgot about pop-up blocking as a possible source but it makes sense.

Speaking of language deconstructions, I learned long ago to be considerate of such innocent mistakes from my precious Italian mother-in-law (God rest her soul). A few of hers include: "You pulla my arm"; "You drive me up the rock"; and her favorite TV show, "Oprah Winkie".

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Bob,

I also have trouble swallowing on occasion, I just hate it when something gets stuck in my asparagus and I begin to choke! I worked with a fellow once who butchered the language worse than I, in fact I was able to accumulate 3 pages of his errors. I finally labeled them as Carsonoma's ("a real or imagined word used out of context") based on his name (Carson).

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Bob,

I also have trouble swallowing on occasion, I just hate it when something gets stuck in my asparagus and I begin to choke! I worked with a fellow once who butchered the language worse than I, in fact I was able to accumulate 3 pages of his errors. I finally labeled them as Carsonoma's ("a real or imagined word used out of context") based on his name (Carson).

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Tom may be on to something here. I tried it on another computer and the second (larger) dialogue box appeared and I was able to unsubscribe to the topic.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Tom may be on to something here. I tried it on another computer and the second (larger) dialogue box appeared and I was able to unsubscribe to the topic.

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    I'm not going to say this is the problem without seeing Gary's computer, but it sounds like the pop up blocker is getting in the way of the confirmation. I would try this again with the pop up blocker turned off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    I'm not going to say this is the problem without seeing Gary's computer, but it sounds like the pop up blocker is getting in the way of the confirmation. I would try this again with the pop up blocker turned off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    [quote from Guido] "I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens."

Guido: Which finger is pointing? Seriously, when you have an opportunity to be at someone else's computer, login as yourself then do a subscribe/unsubscribe test to this topic. If the same thing happens I can eliminate your PC from the suspect list. I truly wish those were "explanation" points instead of exclamation points. That would make it easier for all of us, eh?

BTW, I unsubscribed you from the "Trailering" topic.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    [quote from Guido] "I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens."

Guido: Which finger is pointing? Seriously, when you have an opportunity to be at someone else's computer, login as yourself then do a subscribe/unsubscribe test to this topic. If the same thing happens I can eliminate your PC from the suspect list. I truly wish those were "explanation" points instead of exclamation points. That would make it easier for all of us, eh?

BTW, I unsubscribed you from the "Trailering" topic.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    It worked for me. I didn't get an email when Gary made his reply.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    It worked for me. I didn't get an email when Gary made his reply.

Leonard Shepherd

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Bob,

I have tried again. I click "Unsubscribe" and the dialogue box opens up. I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens.

Given that I can't unsubscribe to the topic I added in error, I will not try another!

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Bob,

I have tried again. I click "Unsubscribe" and the dialogue box opens up. I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens.

Given that I can't unsubscribe to the topic I added in error, I will not try another!

Gary

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    Thanks Bob, I just subscribed and unsubscribed. I will let you know if it worked..

Leonard Shepherd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X