Why can't I unsubscribe from a topic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I unsubscribe from a topic?

Okay, no smart a$$ remarks here! For the second time in a week, in my haste to reply to a topic I have apparently clicked on the "Subscribe" option. I have attempted to delete at the topic level and also via "My Subscriptions". When I click on the button to do so I get a dialogue box asking if I want to unsubscribe (to whick I click yes) but it does not change the status. Anyone else have this problem?

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Yes, this has happened to me a couple of times. Those emails are annoying!

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Yes, this has happened to me a couple of times. Those emails are annoying!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I have tested the subscribe/unsubscribe feature a number of times with several test accounts and on both Mac and PC (as recently as a few minutes ago) and it worked as it should.

For the record, let's double check the sequence of events... when you click the "unsubscribe" link (either at the bottom of the topic's page or in your "My Subscriptions" list), you get a pop-up box asking if you really want to unsubscribe. Clicking "yes" closes that pop-up box and opens a new pop-up box indicating that the "unsubscribe" was successful, followed by the forum page automatically refreshing itself.

If you unsubscribe from the "My Subscriptions" page, the auto refresh of that page should now NOT show that topic in the list.

If you unsubscribe from the topic page itself, the auto page refresh would now show the link at the bottom to change to "subscribe to this topic".

Perhaps a few of you would participate in a test... subscribe to a topic then unsubscribe from it...and advise if it worked.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
        Woodbury, Minnesota
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I have tested the subscribe/unsubscribe feature a number of times with several test accounts and on both Mac and PC (as recently as a few minutes ago) and it worked as it should.

For the record, let's double check the sequence of events... when you click the "unsubscribe" link (either at the bottom of the topic's page or in your "My Subscriptions" list), you get a pop-up box asking if you really want to unsubscribe. Clicking "yes" closes that pop-up box and opens a new pop-up box indicating that the "unsubscribe" was successful, followed by the forum page automatically refreshing itself.

If you unsubscribe from the "My Subscriptions" page, the auto refresh of that page should now NOT show that topic in the list.

If you unsubscribe from the topic page itself, the auto page refresh would now show the link at the bottom to change to "subscribe to this topic".

Perhaps a few of you would participate in a test... subscribe to a topic then unsubscribe from it...and advise if it worked.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Thanks Bob, I just subscribed and unsubscribed. I will let you know if it worked..

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks Bob, I just subscribed and unsubscribed. I will let you know if it worked..

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Bob,

I have tried again. I click "Unsubscribe" and the dialogue box opens up. I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens.

Given that I can't unsubscribe to the topic I added in error, I will not try another!

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Bob,

I have tried again. I click "Unsubscribe" and the dialogue box opens up. I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens.

Given that I can't unsubscribe to the topic I added in error, I will not try another!

Gary

Comment

It worked for me. I didn't get an email when Gary made his reply.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

It worked for me. I didn't get an email when Gary made his reply.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

[quote from Guido] "I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens."

Guido: Which finger is pointing? Seriously, when you have an opportunity to be at someone else's computer, login as yourself then do a subscribe/unsubscribe test to this topic. If the same thing happens I can eliminate your PC from the suspect list. I truly wish those were "explanation" points instead of exclamation points. That would make it easier for all of us, eh?

BTW, I unsubscribed you from the "Trailering" topic.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                        sigpic
                        Bob Shaw
                        Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

[quote from Guido] "I then click "yes" and my cursor changes to a pointed finger with a yellow explanation point at the bottom right and nothing else happens."

Guido: Which finger is pointing? Seriously, when you have an opportunity to be at someone else's computer, login as yourself then do a subscribe/unsubscribe test to this topic. If the same thing happens I can eliminate your PC from the suspect list. I truly wish those were "explanation" points instead of exclamation points. That would make it easier for all of us, eh?

BTW, I unsubscribed you from the "Trailering" topic.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                          sigpic
                          Bob Shaw
                          Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

I'm not going to say this is the problem without seeing Gary's computer, but it sounds like the pop up blocker is getting in the way of the confirmation. I would try this again with the pop up blocker turned off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I'm not going to say this is the problem without seeing Gary's computer, but it sounds like the pop up blocker is getting in the way of the confirmation. I would try this again with the pop up blocker turned off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X