Glamor Shot of Packard Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glamor Shot of Packard Hawk

A pretty cool Flickr shot of a waterfall blue over mountain blue metallic P.H. in front of a retro-looking filling station.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=htt...jPz6sHLbxD_2xw

I can't be 100% sure but it looks to me like this is a very clever Photo Shop job of superimposing a photo of a Franlin Mint P.H. model onto one of the filling station.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

That is a Danbury Mint model.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

No, not Photoshop. It's all real. Real scale models. Look at his photostream. This is what he does.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Ah,

OK, I get it now. I hadn't looked at the other photos on the site - I was just doing my daily P.H. search and came across that. He's pretty good - definitely better than I'd be if I tried to do that - still, I did spot that it was a model without looking at all of the other evidence on his site so I guess he's not the "Perfesser" of that hobby.
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

That is an excellent job, the reflections and shadows are so good, if you could not tell it is obviously just a model it would look very real.

He did about the best you can do with an imperfect Model, which could never be the same shape/correct dimensions as the real thing.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Fooled me; I clicked on the link and brought the picture up and both cars looked as real as can be in the late afternoon sun. The shiny paint on the Packard reflecting the 'cone' on the island, all the trim in place and with the proper appearing shine...all of it; I had no idea until I read the statements of the many fans of this Michael photographer extraordinaire.
            JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Another Studebaker of his
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...n/photostream/
              Don't know the story behind the guy but he has a small fortune in cars and buildings. If he doesn't have a real car, guess he's still ahead of the game in $$$ for the car hobby.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

If you look at some of his other pictures, you will find this...(click the quote)

"This is not a 1/24th scale model

I just found this photo of my 1951 Studebaker Champion 4 door sedan, which I had a number of years ago, and had to post it."
                Last edited by Dads Baby; 03-03-2012, 02:48 PM.
                Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X