I wish That This Thread was about a Technical Problem Instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish That This Thread was about a Technical Problem Instead

My wife made me realize that I am a very lucky guy.

For many reasons - not the least of which is my Studebaker hobby and all the people connected with it.

The biggest reason, as any good wife will point out (and they're so often right), is having her as a partner.

Unfortunately, my partner of 40 years passed away Feb. 19th from a sudden illness. I've posted an obituary in that forum discussion in her honour. She served the Ontario Chapter well for many years.

I wish that this was a technical problem that I was posting about instead.

As wonderful life is, it is what it is, and it can bite unexpectedly.

Hug your family and friends OFTEN and NOW!
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Oh my, VERY sorry, Roger. God Bless.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Roger. I know I would be lost without my wife.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that. My wife passed away after a 20+ year battle with cancer. That was seven years ago, I have since remarried to a wonderful lady but I still think of my late wife often. We had many good times together.

Comment

So sorry for your loss Roger. my wife and I will celebrate 44years in a couple of months. I cannot imagine life with out her.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Well said Roger.

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
            My wife made me realize that I am a very lucky guy.

For many reasons - not the least of which is my Studebaker hobby and all the people connected with it.

The biggest reason, as any good wife will point out (and they're so often right), is having her as a partner.

Unfortunately, my partner of 40 years passed away Feb. 19th from a sudden illness. I've posted an obituary in that forum discussion in her honour. She served the Ontario Chapter well for many years.

I wish that this was a technical problem that I was posting about instead.

As wonderful life is, it is what it is, and it can bite unexpectedly.

Hug your family and friends OFTEN and NOW!
            Thelma and I have many happy memories of Marg and will remember her many years of essential service to the Ontario Chapter. We're thinking of you.
            Stu Chapman

Comment

All of our most heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you, Roger. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I just gave my wife a special hug. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
                Perry
                \'50 Business Champ,
                \'50 Starlight Champ,
                \'60 Lark Convertible,
                \'63 GT R1,
                \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Roger I am so sorry for your loss. Like you, my wife often shows me why she is so valuable to me.
                  A good wife is a friend, a companion, a partner, and a completion.
                  Peace be with you friend.

Comment

Roger, I extend to you the condolences of all the Aussies on the forum - I have recently found a partner and can't imagine life without Debbie.
                    Last edited by avantilover; 03-01-2012, 03:29 AM.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Roger,
                      After reading your post, at the risk of waking my wife, I went in to our bedroom and gave her a big kiss. I am so sorry for your loss.
                      Carey
                      Packard Hawk

Comment

On behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter, my condolences Roger.
                        Chip
                        '63 Cruiser
                        '57 Packard wagon
                        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

So sorry for your loss Roger, that has to be one of the most awful things in life. Someone who has been by your side in everything you've done and now she is gone. After the pain eases up, some woman will surely sweep you off your feet when you least expect it.
                          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

My sympathies for the loss of your wife. My wife and I have been together for 33 years and she has always been supportive of my old car hobby, God bless her.

Dave Bonn
                            '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Sorry for your loss, it is a tough thing to go through.
                              Lost my good wife in 98.

Comment

Working...
                              X