A couple real oldies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple real oldies

A few days ago there was mention of not enough pre war cars being shown , well here's a couple Ontario cars from a few years ago . Both shots were from Ontario Chapter meets , back then we used to have some very big meets and I often wonder what ever happened to alot of these cars ......some have just disappeared but these two are still out there.
    The 1st set of pictures are from the Ontario summer meet held in London . On in 1991, this car was restored by Ray Martin , he did a fantastic job on what was mostly a piece of junk by most standards. If one went to the past International in Springfield you would have seen this car, but the current owner did not restore it.

The second set here is a very rare car , this picture was taken at the Ontario Can/Am meet held in Fort Erie in 1993 , this car then was owned by Mike Morris , this is the way he found the car . Some may recognize the car , it was in the Studebaker museum for a few years in the late 90s. It still resides in Ontario in a private collection.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Two beautiful cars. I used to really want something like that, but I now realize it is not likely to happen. There was a time when prewar cars used to be seen on the highways on occasion. Now if you see one it is probably a street rod.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Very nice! In Iowa, I see stock prewar cars every summer. And not just at shows, but just out driving around. At least a bakers dozen. Now, granted, I do not recall seeing any Studebakers. But, at least where I live, I get to see those older cars in action from time to time!

Comment

The MOTAA show in June used to draw caravans of antique cars and lots of individual cars to Petit Jean mountain here. I looked forward to not only driving my 52 up there, but seeing other old cars on the road. As the show got more popular they quit letting people park their antiques on the grounds unless they were in the show and the number of cars coming to the mountain died way back. Most people did not want to leave their collector car in a field hundreds of yards from where they would be.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I used to love Petit Jean swap meet & car show. Last time i went the cars were a lot fewer, i wondered what happened. Hope to get my 51 Business coupe done enough to take it up the mountain. It was sold new in Morrilton Ar according to the build sheet.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

'Glad to say, I had a ride in both of those cars, Bob - if only about a 100 yards in each!

There was a '31 Model 54 black 4 door at the same London meet that I only saw one more time the next year before it, too, "disappeared".
            BTW, that meet was the one where we had the honour of having then SDC prez Terry Judd as a speaker.
            Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
            61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
            Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
            Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Me too!

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
              'Glad to say, I had a ride in both of those cars, Bob - if only about a 100 yards in each!

There was a '31 Model 54 black 4 door at the same London meet that I only saw one more time the next year before it, too, "disappeared".
              BTW, that meet was the one where we had the honour of having then SDC prez Terry Judd as a speaker.
              I also have had a ride in both of those cars...memorable experiences. BTW Roger...card in the mail to you from us in Florida. Will talk to you when we return home.
              Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
              X