• Show
Clear All

• '54 Stude Coupe Rod Project w/Top Chop Info

Pretty good read. Nice quality work.
    Jeff

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ge=1&reverse=1
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Very interesting. Thanks for the post.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

A lot of nice work. This type of chop would require cutting the windshield as opposed to keeping the original windshield opening and dropping it down and raking the windshield.

I'm curious if any of the forum members have a shot or two of the changes required to do this type of mod.

I personally prefer the look of keeping the windshield it's original size.

Thanks for posting, it continues to show how much work is involved in making minor mods to a vehicle.

Bob

Comment

That is what I would like to do with mine good picts as far as chopping top I may again go ahead and chop it how much trouble did the windshield pose?

Comment

owner posted here.
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ed-my-54-coupe
          TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Would not be my choice.
            One of the club members of a Srteet Rod Club I belong to, put one of these in his model a anumber of years ago.
            It was cool, and different and nice to look at. But, when I went for a ride in the care it reminded me of an English car. It had that sewing machine sound and it was definitely a guttless wonder.
            I have ridden in a lot of v8 powered model A's and even with a worn out 283 CIC they would eat this thing.
            Reminds me of the Buick v6 craze of the early 80's.
            But they are pretty aren't they?
            Good Roads
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Out of curiosity I did a little research. In the Taurus, curb weight about 3300 pounds it went 0-60 in 6.6 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15-15.2 seconds. Had a top speed of 143 as tested by Car and Driver! Not bad for a 3.0 liter V-6. So with similar weight it should move a '53 Starlight down the road nicely and also get decent economy.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

We had a little history with the SHO, running one in the IMSA Firestone Firehawk Series in '89-90. Around 300 hp, 2900+ lbs, and a BIG gas tank relative to its competitors. Great sound, the engine really is a thing of beauty, and it got great mileage. In the Stude, it should do just fine.
                '53 Commander
                Art Morrison chassis
                LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

My Friends Model A must have been tunned poorly, because I was more than suprised at its lack of power????
                  Was not my intention to get anyones back up here.
                  Really hopes it makes that old Studebaker move down the open roads again.
                  If you have gotem drivem!
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                  X