• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Goldie on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item2ebbd9b547

Looks good
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

Beautiful.

Comment

I've never noticed a solid color GH before. How rare is that option? I believe someone has tabulated all that info.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I know it was a factory option. My grandfather originally ordered my 57 that way.
        My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
        Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
        My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

Comment

I've never noticed a solid color GH before. How rare is that option? I believe someone has tabulated all that info.
          As if the '58 GH isn't rare itself. That solid white car could be one-of-one.

I added Avanti pistons and the R1/R2 cam to give it some more performance. It runs great on regular unleaded gas
          It's got a pretty good engine build, but I wonder how the 10.25 compression works with the VS-57 supercharger. Theoretically, that's too much compression to use a supercharger and pump regular. Maybe at Colorado altitude it would work, but not sure at sea level. Even so if it were an overdrive, I might be tempted to throw in a bid.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
            My 1957 Golden Hawk was solid black from the factory. It is now solid white.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
              All the 1958 Golden Hawk color tabulations are in the September 2007 Turning Wheels.

From there, it may be learned that there were 116 solid Parchment White 1958 Golden Hawks, by far and away the largest number of monotone cars; i. e., "least rare" of the monotones.

The rarest monotone 1958 Golden Hawks were Surf Green and Waterfall Blue. Only one of each was so colored.

We must be mindful of the fact that what we see today doesn't necessarily represent the original mix, because so many cars have had color changes through the years. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Using the stock low compression heads on the Golden hawk,the compression is closer to the low 9's.I have never got a ping out of her on 88 octane,just retard the timeing for lower elevations and it will be fine
                Steve
                36 Dictator cpe
                36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
                37 Coupe express R-2
                50 Champion convert
                54 champion cpe
                59 3/4 p/up 4wd
                63 Custom R-2
                63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
                63 Avanti R-2
                63 Avant1 R-2
                64 Commander R-1
                64 Challenger R-3
                58 Packard hawk
                64 Champ
                2-63 Wagonaire's
                62 E40 Transtar
                55 3/4 T pickup
                64 Daytona
                Brand X :
                70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Comment

beautiful golden hawk , my father was a Studebaker dealer in Ohio and I still have his 58 Golden Hawk he sold and when it was traded later on a GT Hawk we kept the hawk in our family
                  Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

The interior of this '58 Golden Hawk is beautiful, but I'm seeing something in the interior that I don't believe is Factory correct. For the fun of it, does anyone else see it ???

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      The interior of this '58 Golden Hawk is beautiful, but I'm seeing something in the interior that I don't believe is Factory correct. For the fun of it, does anyone else see it ???
                      Isn't the door panels supposed to have trim outlining the different colors?
                      I think the tuxedo carpet is correct.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Studebaker Steve, your signature line states that you also have a 1963 GT Hawk R2 for sale. Is it the unrestored red one or the brown one for sale? As for your '58 Golden Hawk, good luck with the sale of it, it's a beautiful car.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

To: bezhawk,--------- It's something else!

Comment

This looks like a Great Car for someone that is looking for "Instant Gratification" or would like to enter the Studebaker world this late in the game.
                            I say "go for it" if it has ever been your dream.
                            Life is too short.
                            And they are still printing money everyday!
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

The only monotone Surf Green 1958 Golden Hawk built was sold new in Sweden.
                              The car has survived although today it's painted white/red.
                              //Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X