The '50 StudeBus has a new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The '50 StudeBus has a new owner

Welp- it's official!!! I took a HUGE leap yesterday and bought a 1950 StudeBus. You may know of it from the many many ads on the Bay Area CraigsList over the last six months, or from various posts on this very Forum. She's gonna be a project for sure, but I'll see it through. Don't get me wrong- her time near the Northern California Coast hurt her- but being that she was originally from Arizona she's still in pretty awesome shape.

Please welcome 'Nelly' back into the SDC Family~

In the mid '80s she was converted to an 'RV' of sorts. The inside now looks like this~

During her time with the Grand Canyon SDC Chapter her Big Six blew up.
    A '57 259 went in along with a T-98 trans. Otherwise she's all vintage 1950...

But some touches have been added along the way as well~

Let the fun begin!!!!
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Way to go Dave!! Looks like you have a great canvas to start with. I'm sure you'll keep us informed of its progress.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Score! Pretty COOL!

I guess I might as well start junking a few ordinary Ol Stude. CARS , so this "Special Bus" will fit in the pole building when it gets here!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'm so jealous. Being a bus driver by trade, that would be my ultimate score. Unfortunately, I have no place to keep such a huge thing anyways. Have fun with it and post pictures.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Right on Dave! Glad to see you get that long sought after LOOOONG roof.

Comment

Dave,
            When will you have it home? I need to come up and check it out. I also want to see what a completed Wagonaire looks like and I think Mike has one or two hanging around.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great score Dave! Glad to see you it all worked out and its now yours. Looks like its in pretty good shape.

Gordon S

Comment

How about fabricating a large rear door so that a Studebaker car can be hauled in it to a meet? Unload the car upon arrival and sleep in the bus! Yeah I know, crazy talk.
                By the way, what are your plans for it? Add more seats for bus duty?
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Comment

Very cool Dave. I am glad you finally were able to work out the details and bring her home.
                    I think it is cool that she has the stock '50 C-cab dash under those flat bus glass windshields.

Comment

Way to go Dave. I followed your posts and comments on this subject. I knew somehow, some day, you'd make it happen. Looks to me like you could bring some class to the job already started. However, regardless of what direction you take it...I'll be cheering you on!
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        Score! Pretty COOL!

I guess I might as well start junking a few ordinary Ol Stude. CARS , so this "Special Bus" will fit in the pole building when it gets here!
                        I know, since it obviously belongs to some group called "The Studebaker Drivers Club" I can just send them the bill for storage every month!
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          I know, since it obviously belongs to some group called "The Studebaker Drivers Club" I can just send them the bill for storage every month!
                          Good one Rich! It might be worth a shot...

Gordon S

Comment

Not a C, but another example of how neat a bus can be:

Used to belong to Jim Hock of Yukon, OK. Don't know where it went, but I sure miss seeing it at Stude meets!

Love your bus, Dave, glad the two of you finally got together!
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Good work!!!

I'll be waiting on the curb for you to pick me up on the way to school tomorrow morning!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X