Did anyone meet any Aussies in SB???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone meet any Aussies in SB???

Just curious, did anyone meet any Aussies in SB? All I have read since the end of the meet appears to imply that the forum members only interacted with each other.

I know some of our (South Australian) club folks were there, did anyone run into them?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

They announced at the banquet that there were 40 people from Australia at the meet. There was a huge roar from the other side of the room.

I didn't meet any of them but I did meet a couple from Australia last fall when I went on the Antique Studebaker Club tour in Bridgewater, Virginia. It was held right after the Studebaker car & truck show at the home of Chester Bradfield, the printer of Turning Wheels.

I can't remember their names, but I will try to find out. You may know them.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

They announced at the banquet that there were 40 people from Australia at the meet. There was a huge roar from the other side of the room.

I didn't meet any of them but I did meet a couple from Australia last fall when I went on the Antique Studebaker Club tour in Bridgewater, Virginia. It was held right after the Studebaker car & truck show at the home of Chester Bradfield, the printer of Turning Wheels.

I can't remember their names, but I will try to find out. You may know them.

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

John: Met a 'bunch' of them early Monday morning when they gobbled up a bunch of new Studebaker toys that are new to the market that we had for sale. You really have to look far to find a nicer bunch of people. Jim Quigley was on the seminar panel of Studebaker Employees, really enjoyed his comments. I also had located a SDC silver coin he has been looking for for some years. He was happy.

toyman

Comment

John: Met a 'bunch' of them early Monday morning when they gobbled up a bunch of new Studebaker toys that are new to the market that we had for sale. You really have to look far to find a nicer bunch of people. Jim Quigley was on the seminar panel of Studebaker Employees, really enjoyed his comments. I also had located a SDC silver coin he has been looking for for some years. He was happy.

toyman

Comment

John,
            I chatted in passing at the Studebaker Museum gift shop with several Aussies in a group wearing yellow shirts. The museum was crowded with Studenuts of all types and stripes, and I didn't run into them again during the week.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
            53 Starliner Hardtop
            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

John,
              I chatted in passing at the Studebaker Museum gift shop with several Aussies in a group wearing yellow shirts. The museum was crowded with Studenuts of all types and stripes, and I didn't run into them again during the week.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
              53 Starliner Hardtop
              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I had met Ian Mackellar from Melbourne in Omaha last year and he was back this year with his whole family. I met another Ian and his wife from Melbourne at the museum Monday night. I believe he is in the process of building a GT Hawk.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I had met Ian Mackellar from Melbourne in Omaha last year and he was back this year with his whole family. I met another Ian and his wife from Melbourne at the museum Monday night. I believe he is in the process of building a GT Hawk.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

My wife & I chatted with Ian ,his wife & another Aussie at the bench just inside the main swap hall.I remember him saying about building the GT for his wife & was pleased with the abundance of parts & good people they had met.They also stated this was the second leg of their trip & they had hired a car to tour some of the southern states.All in all very nice people & we enjoyed our little chat.

Comment

My wife & I chatted with Ian ,his wife & another Aussie at the bench just inside the main swap hall.I remember him saying about building the GT for his wife & was pleased with the abundance of parts & good people they had met.They also stated this was the second leg of their trip & they had hired a car to tour some of the southern states.All in all very nice people & we enjoyed our little chat.

Comment

I, too met Ian Mckellar and his family, and had a nice chat with some of the South Australia crew at the museum.

Considering what the trip to South Bend must cost the Down Under folks, no one can question their Studebaker loyalty!

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I, too met Ian Mckellar and his family, and had a nice chat with some of the South Australia crew at the museum.

Considering what the trip to South Bend must cost the Down Under folks, no one can question their Studebaker loyalty!

Comment

quote:Considering what the trip to South Bend must cost the Down Under folks, no one can question their Studebaker loyalty!
                            I wouldn't anyway, no matter where they came from. Still, it's possible, with gas prices where they are, it probably wasn't much more than Dick spent driving from Washington, or the Californians spent driving in for that matter.

Quantas has advertised some very reasonable rates lately. With advance reservations etc, one can get a fairly good deal. Especially if one has the time for Stand-By.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            Lotsa Larks!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Considering what the trip to South Bend must cost the Down Under folks, no one can question their Studebaker loyalty!
                              I wouldn't anyway, no matter where they came from. Still, it's possible, with gas prices where they are, it probably wasn't much more than Dick spent driving from Washington, or the Californians spent driving in for that matter.

Quantas has advertised some very reasonable rates lately. With advance reservations etc, one can get a fairly good deal. Especially if one has the time for Stand-By.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X