Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker collectibles #13 (Los Angeles Plant Badge - WWII)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker collectibles #13 (Los Angeles Plant Badge - WWII)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1329895762

This is a pretty rare badge (the only one I have ever seen). Several things make it interesting. The fact that it shows a woman employee (Rosy the riveter?) who has her Studebaker shop coat with patch, the fact that it does not include her name but a number and it has a right index finger print on the reverse side. It is either a very heavy plastic of maybe lightweight metal enclosed entirely in a transparent covering. Anyone ever seen anything similar? The South Bend and aviation badges from Ft Wayne and Chicago were entirely different.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I think it is quite odd that they were using a Social Scurity Number or a Employee Number JUST like one, to I.D. her!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

An early version of plant provided security photo ID badging, nice! That's your entry into the plant when you go past the guard shack every morning on your way to work. You'd have it either on your personal self, or on your dashboard for security to get a quick look at it as you go past the gate arm. No badge, no entry. I have not seen anything like that from Studebaker itself, but I've seen it in regular use at school, industrial, and government facilities elsewhere.
      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Like WoW ! just about covers it!
        1947 M5 under restoration
        a bunch of non-Stude stuff

Comment

Working...
        X