March 2012 Turning Wheels Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2012 Turning Wheels Cover

Very nice March Turning Wheels cover with Sherwood Egbert and Andy Granatelli standing next to a nice Red R1 Avanti and another tourquoise Avanti at the Indy Track. Does anyone have a good scan of this cover? I would like to email a copy to Sherwood Egbert, Sherwood Egbert's grandson.

Michael: Why not mail Egbert's grandson an entire copy?

If you have his address, I believe SDC would certainly be willing to "comp" him an issue.

If not, I'll pay for it...but I'd need his mailing address. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I will get it Bob and get back to you soon.

Comment

That's an R3 Avanti, Michael, even though it doesn't have the typical "Supercharged" emblem on the front fender. Look closely at the bottom right of the windshield in the photo.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

And let's be fair, why not send Andy a copy too??? If I had Andy's address I would send him mine ....oh, wait a minute ...he gave me his address, so whenever my March TW arrives, I'll be fordwarding it to him to enjoy too.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
            I will get it Bob and get back to you soon.
            OK, Michael. Just send me a PM with his mailing address and I'll see that he gets a whole copy of the March 2012 Turning Wheels. ('Haven't seen it yet myself.)

Grandson's name is Sherwood Egbert, right; exactly the same as his grandfather? BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              OK, Michael. Just send me a PM with his mailing address and I'll see that he gets a whole copy of the March 2012 Turning Wheels. ('Haven't seen it yet myself.)

Grandson's name is Sherwood Egbert, right; exactly the same as his grandfather? BP
              Is the grandson's middle name Harry?
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Yes, Sherwood Egbert. I don't recall if his middle name is Harry. I will ask Richard. He looks just like his grandfather.

I bet the Turning Wheels cover car is Egbert's personal car!!! #4130 that was used to produce the 1964 prototype!! It all lines up.

Comment

Here is a picture of Sherwood Egbert's grandson.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Its a 63R3 Round Headlights. Has another color photo inside of Granatelli showing the engine. Its a good cover photo. Also has sticker on windshield that says 63R3. More color photos inside.
                    Last edited by bonehead007; 02-21-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

The prototype for the 1964 model started life as a round headlight car. It was a Red car with an R3 later installed by Granatelli.

Comment

#4130 that was used to produce the 1964 prototype!! It all lines up.
                        Does it also have a 'special interior' like #4765 as mentioned in post 27 in this thread? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=husvar
                        It appears J. Husvar was the Trim Engineer on a lot of Studebakers.
                        Craig

Comment

I'd like the grandsons of Egbert and Loewy to sign my Avanti sometime.
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Here is a pic I took of Egbert's Avanti at the Mecum auction.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a pic I took of Egbert's Avanti at the Mecum auction.
                              Along with the rest of them you took: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=mecum

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X