No announcement yet.

Nice '56 President, a bit overpriced???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice '56 President, a bit overpriced???

Hi
    A '56 President sedan for sale, your comments on asking price?

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...QAdIdZ16599576

Looks like that nicely restored one that showed at Ohama last year and was recently on Ebay.......hope he likes it, I think he'll have it for a while.....!

Steve

quote:Originally posted by 56H-Y6

Hi

Looks like that nicely restored one that showed at Ohama last year and was recently on Ebay.......hope he likes it, I think he'll have it for a while.....!

Steve
    Indeed he/she will, Steve. The 1956 President sedan (also not a Classic, just a straight 4-door sedan) offered by Ed Reynolds at Studebaker International for $10,500 would be a much better buy...you'd have over $100,000 change! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 56H-Y6

Hi

Steve
      Indeed he/she will, Steve. The 1956 President sedan (also not a Classic, just a straight 4-door sedan) offered by Ed Reynolds at Studebaker International for $10,500 would be a much better buy...you'd have over $100,000 change! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Just a wee bit pricey...eh?

Comment

Just a wee bit pricey...eh?

Comment

I believe the $115,000 is just a typo. Should be $15,000. IIRC that's about what it sold for in Omaha, and bid just short of that when it was on eBay. I thought the one for sale at South Bend was very nice...but not as nice as this car. $15,000 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I believe the $115,000 is just a typo. Should be $15,000. IIRC that's about what it sold for in Omaha, and bid just short of that when it was on eBay. I thought the one for sale at South Bend was very nice...but not as nice as this car. $15,000 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

If you delve into the add closely you will see he as a goodly # of parts for sale also & has a list with a photo of what appears 2-B a rebuilt V/8.Might be worth giving him a call,one never knows what treasures he may have.

Comment

If you delve into the add closely you will see he as a goodly # of parts for sale also & has a list with a photo of what appears 2-B a rebuilt V/8.Might be worth giving him a call,one never knows what treasures he may have.

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize that the Canadian dollar had lost so much value! Must be worth about a U.S. dime then?!
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize that the Canadian dollar had lost so much value! Must be worth about a U.S. dime then?!
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Has the exchange rate change?

1950 Champion business coupe

Comment

Has the exchange rate change?

1950 Champion business coupe

Comment

As of yesterday, one Canadian dollar was worth $.940379 U.S. I like to use www.x-rates.com). That is a long ways from when I was buying tractors up north and the Canadian dollar was worth 65 cents.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

As of yesterday, one Canadian dollar was worth $.940379 U.S. I like to use www.x-rates.com). That is a long ways from when I was buying tractors up north and the Canadian dollar was worth 65 cents.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X