Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Granatellis R3 Avanti at the drag races (Oct 7, 1962)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granatellis R3 Avanti at the drag races (Oct 7, 1962)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1329716516

Interesting they chose the automatic. I wonder what class they ran in? I know for many years the NHRA had different classes for the automatics and the stick shift cars in the Super Stock classes. No mention as to whether this was a NHRA track.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

San Fernando Raceway was UDRA sanctioned. Rules are quite a bit different than NHRA.

Comment

It would be interesting to know if the R3 he was running in early October 1962 was only 299 cubic inches.

Might have been: That's awfully early for a fully-assembled and track-ready 304.5 to have appeared anywhere. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I wonder if that was the 'Hot Rod' magazine test car? If it was, I believe the article stated that it was a 299 CI.

Comment

I just had contact with Vince(Andys son) and asked him. It was his uncle(Andys brother) who drove the car. The car was Turquois and was sold later to Doug Crawl. I believe it may be 63R1687.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
          X