New post on the 63 rose mist cruiser, more pictures after some minor work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    I suspect that cloth has severely faded; especially in the areas away from the doors. Looking at the one photo of the corner, it appears less faded and darker. Craig
    Agreed, Craig (and the other Bob P).

"Upon further review," it appears the upholstery is the original Chestnut Cloth, badly faded. Yes, cloth inserts were stitched with "regular" sewn seams originally, unlike the dielectricaly-pleated panels, had the car had the optional vinyl inserts.

But the original sewn cloth would not have been white in color.

Undoubtedly, a personal inspection of the subject car, or extremely detailed photographs, could have caused this conclusion to be reached earlier, once we had established the fact (and finally agreed upon, I would hope!), that white cloth inserts were not a 1963 trim option on Cruisers!

Bottom line: I agree that the car is in all likelihood equipped with its original upholstery, which included Chestnut Cloth inserts, and that those inserts have badly faded to virtual white. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

and another bottom line....

since many more cars and trucks survived in the dry states, it is likely true that their bodies, on the whole, are in better condition. Being true......what else is true ?
      Last edited by jackb; 02-20-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
        every thing about this car is very nice and a perfect for the survivor class
        Is that original paint, or a respray?
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          Is that original paint, or a respray?
          Original, every thing about this car is original, except the side marker lights, they are only stick on nothing with screws or bolts, no holes should peel off and clean up nice. the red air cleaner, and the 14" wheels, the 15" are there and go with the car.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I too like 4 door Larks especially since that is what I have. This is a lovely car for a good price. Can one imagine a Chevrolet, Ford or Chrysler vehicle in this condition for $5K Mine cost me 3K, total so far probably 20K and I need to strip and re-do her another 20K maybe but I love it and wouldn't part from her.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

"went to put the nice near new 15" wheel covers on and found the tires and wheels were 14"

An excellent opportunity to mount a set of 1958 full wheel covers, some of the prettiest Studebaker ever made.

Comment

I shipper all the 58 14" I had to Australia a couple of years ago.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X