Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sdude
    replied
    He's just laughing because his wife just told him he could buy it alright but he'd have to put a bra on it before the neighbors saw it.

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    "it will never sell".........and what's this bunk about cigarettes being bad for you......!"

Leave a comment:

• deco_droid
    replied
    Mr. -- "Gee, they're putting hood ornaments on the decklids now?"

Mrs. -- "My goodness, It's so pretty. I wonder what the front of the car looks like!"

Salesman -- "Uhhhhhh..."

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    I've got one NOS "Studebaker Commander" hubcap is anyone needs one.

A '50 Commander or Land Cruiser is one Stude that I hope to own someday.

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    Chuck Collins also had the plastic inserts on the fender ornaments reproduced. I have 3 1950 Commander starlights. One has the hubcaps that say "studebaker commander", one has the hubcaps that say "Studebaker Studebaker" and the third has the style that does not have any lettering on them! I looked in the parts book and apparently all three styles were used of these 11 inch caps

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    Looking at the '50 Starlight on the showroom floor, I was reminded of the time when my dad took me down to the local Studebaker dealer to see the new cars. He was always preferred to buy the independent makes. I was 10 years old in 1950 and when I saw the new Studes, they blew me away. They were the most beautiful cars I ever saw. I still feel that way today.
    We did end up with a '51 Commander State convertible. I really loved that car. We had it for a long time. I got to drive it to college in my senior year in 1958-'59. I was a commuting student at St. John's University in NY.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    The mister: "Not nearly as much chrome as that Buick we looked at."

The missus: "Whatever you want, dear. It's nice an' shiny - I'll say that."

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    "You are right. The bullet is bigger than Ford has!"
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by John K View Post
    There are three or four I know of in the central Ohio area as well.
    There's one in LaSalle,Il-YELLOW tile,looks like they put the bathroom tile on the outside!

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: StudeRich,------------ Whitewall tires have become so second nature to Us over the years it is probably hard for You to remember that they were few and far between at the beginning of the Korean War--Showroom or not!

Leave a comment:

• John K
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
    There was at least one Lustron home that I used to notice in Sturgis, MI. When I looked at the "Buy/Sell" there was one listed for sale there in 2010. The Studebaker would have looked good parked in front!
    There are three or four I know of in the central Ohio area as well.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Now are we looking at the front or back ?

Leave a comment:

• riversidevw
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
    "Reminds me of some of the planes I flew during the war."
    My parents owned a gray '50 Commander Starlight, while riding in the back with those wraparound glass panels I usually fantasized I was in something like a tail gun turret. Neat car, had whitewalls, wheel trim rings and a dealer-installed spotlight. It was also painfully slow with that Automatic Drive introduced in late '50.

Gil.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Looks to me like he's saying,.....
    Come on everyone should have thier version of his comment ?

I don't know dear, What will the neighbors say ?

As for me I can only say I wish mine looked that good.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
    There was at least one Lustron home that I used to notice in Sturgis, MI. When I looked at the "Buy/Sell" there was one listed for sale there in 2010. The Studebaker would have looked good parked in front!
    Probably selling it because they couldn't get cell phone reception inside... ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X