I need a shrink !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
    My old shop teacher in HS was asked by his wife after they were first married...Ron is just a normal guy! <G>Jim
    Jim,
    Attempting to "normalize" the behavior is simply another one of denial's "thousand faces"

Comment

Warren,
      We need to get Joy and Lorena to hang out soon. Lorena wishes I did not own the 1 Stude I do have. Maybe Joy could be a good influence on Lorena.
      Do not get me wrong, I am in no way complaining about my beautiful wife. I am very fortunate to have her. She has put up with so much for 25 years now from me. I have spent fortunes on racing habits. Been hurt many times, serious surgeries from racing, broken bones, months off of work and lost income. All on top of my Bi-polar disorder and a long process of understanding that and finding the right Doc and meds to help...yet here she is, still standing next to me, happy to be my wife. Frustrated with me often, but still loving and kind to me and patient.
      But as much as loves seeing beautiful vintage cars, she does not like seeing any money get spent on one. She is a very frugal woman and cars are frivalous expenses for her. She was born in South America and is a very simple person, not simple minded, she is an RN and very bright, simple of eye. I wish I could be more like her in that way. I just get these pictures in my head of projects and I have to build it. I have really simplified my life in the past 2-3 years and even more since my work injury in mid 2010 that has had me riding nothing but the couch, but my mind still loves building things, hence Oscar was started and the wallet has been opened...and every dollar disputed by my lovely wife.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	zip 2 17 12d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1671946Click image for larger version

Name:	zip 2 17 12.jpg
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1671944Click image for larger version

Name:	zip 2 17 12c.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1671943

Here are some pictures I took friday when it arrived. Sorry about the lighting but the sun was going down
        Attached Files
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Hmmm I see 2 bench seats running length wise down the sides and a pile of people out in field service....

Comment

There are 2 bench seats there now from the wheelwells back that can seat 2 each. I have to inquire on how legal that would be- seat belts? booster seat for the grandkids, ect...
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I like the first picture showing the dash. I like the iPad holder - pretty cool....

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13820[/ATTACH]

Here are some pictures I took friday when it arrived. Sorry about the lighting but the sun was going down
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Congrats again, Warren; it looks cool.

How nice that the Studebaker-exclusive identification has survived.

You're in for a good time. Keep us posted. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X