South Bend Swap Meet & Tech Seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend Swap Meet & Tech Seminar

My soon-to-be brother-in-law was in South Bend with me last week and we both had a great time. He just called me (lives 70 miles away) and asked me two things:

1) Who was the vendor who had an outside space at the Fairgrounds, below (west)of the main vendor building, on the same side as that outside food vendor, but closer to the entrance of the show field? He had a good bit of stainless and used chrome trim. Reason is, he sold Harley a "checkmark" molding for his Sky Hawk and Harley can't find where he wrote the guy's name down. The vendor was going to check to see if he had one for the other side of the car, back home.

2) At one of the morning Museum seminars, one of the handouts detailed correct engine colors for various years of Studebakers. Harley can't find his now. Can anyone send a copy of one for a reasonable selling price?

Thanks, I'll pass any answers on to him.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Bill: 'Can't help you on Question #1, but the answer to Question #2 is [u]Buzz Beckman</u>. Buzz' e-mail address is in The Co-Operator heading in any recent Turning Wheels. Just e-mail Buzz and I'm sure he'll be able to forward a copy of that to you or Harley. (Actually, Buzz' seminar was at 1PM Tuesday afternoon...but if you were just getting up, perhaps you thought it was still morning.[:0]) Bob
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bill: 'Can't help you on Question #1, but the answer to Question #2 is [u]Buzz Beckman</u>. Buzz' e-mail address is in The Co-Operator heading in any recent Turning Wheels. Just e-mail Buzz and I'm sure he'll be able to forward a copy of that to you or Harley. (Actually, Buzz' seminar was at 1PM Tuesday afternoon...but if you were just getting up, perhaps you thought it was still morning.[:0]) Bob
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob! Incidentally, I thought all the seminars were great. Yours were useful and interesting, and wasn't Jack Smith (re.: Mobilgas Economy Runs) a hoot too? I really enjoyed him, as well as the former Studebaker employees roundtable before him.

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks Bob! Incidentally, I thought all the seminars were great. Yours were useful and interesting, and wasn't Jack Smith (re.: Mobilgas Economy Runs) a hoot too? I really enjoyed him, as well as the former Studebaker employees roundtable before him.

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Just posting here again to move this thread up a bit; anybody know the answer to question #1 in my original post?

Thanks,
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Just posting here again to move this thread up a bit; anybody know the answer to question #1 in my original post?

Thanks,
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              All are in Australia now

Comment

The seminar on the Mobilgas economy run was a lot of fun. Jack didn't want it to end and had much more stuff to share with the audience. However, in fairness to the following speaker the talk had to end.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The seminar on the Mobilgas economy run was a lot of fun. Jack didn't want it to end and had much more stuff to share with the audience. However, in fairness to the following speaker the talk had to end.
                  Rog

Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X